Toni Duggan vows to strip

Status
Not open for further replies.
won't make the standard of football any higher and frankly if that's all you're watching ladies football for then what's the point.

Terrible article. That's not what she's saying at all.

There's a distinction between increasing her personal profile and that of the sport.

Beckham promoted "Brand Beckham" with his modelling, not football, and all she is saying is that she wants to have that sort of career outside of football.

She even says as such:

‘The girls don’t want to be portrayed as that as they’re footballers and they’re good at football, that’s what they do and why should they have to get their kit off to promote it?’

Poor sensationalism, edited by a paper desperate for a story.

Terrible article. That's not what she's saying at all.

There's a distinction between increasing her personal profile and that of the sport.

Beckham promoted "Brand Beckham" with his modelling, not football, and all she is saying is that she wants to have that sort of career outside of football.

She even says as such:

‘The girls don’t want to be portrayed as that as they’re footballers and they’re good at football, that’s what they do and why should they have to get their kit off to promote it?’

Poor sensationalism, edited by a paper desperate for a story.

sums up most of british journalism to be honest.
I think I would rather the club be linked with something other than a striptease - (for modelling or titillation)
but its up to her.

sums up most of british journalism to be honest.
I think I would rather the club be linked with something other than a striptease - (for modelling or titillation)
but its up to her.

Fellaini has a running contract with Warrior Sports, but that doesn't mean we're linked as a club to Warrior - the shirt sponsors of Liverpool.

Duggan doing modelling would be about Duggan, not Everton IMO.

I think if women want to take their clothes off, we should not stop them.

Instead, encourage and support them. Even offer to lend a hand.

She's come out fuming on twitter about this article saying its not what she was saying at all.

Typical tactic of a misleading headline to sensationalise a story

She's come out fuming on twitter about this article saying its not what she was saying at all.

Typical tactic of a misleading headline to sensationalise a story

Her twitter mates should just tell her to do it and her mates should do it as well. Not because it would be a good newspaper story. It would make me happy, that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.