Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I can ever truly hate him, but his ineptitude and negativity in the past few years has stopped me from loving him like I used to.

Anyway, 10 years is a massive achievement, and whilst I seriously doubt he'd have been given as long at other clubs (as Summerskin's said, most managers who have their teams in 17th every Christmas don't last) he's lasted here and it's -- in this day and age -- an impressive feat. When only Wenger and SAF have lasted longer in the top flight and most teams around us have had 3-5 managers in the space in which we've had 1, then you've got to say, take a bow Davie.

But don't let it go to your big ginger head too much because we are GASH and we shouldn't be.

Oh but get us an FA cup and it would all be forgiven!

Koff RFUS.

Rfus has really changed since he came back from his gardening leave. He used to be jovial, now he,s fairly angry.

*It was the alan shearer to cardiff thing wasnt it*

koff rfus

The man took us from relegation batlers to regular european contenders.

Yes we have slipped away a bit the last couple of seasons but with zero transfer budget what do you expect?

The man is a true blue hero and deserves more respect than he gets from many on here.

Great achievement. Just need that trophy now to give the 10 years some deserved shine. I'll have another 10 too.

I will add, surely doing "ok" would constitute just keeping us in the division as the team Moyes inherited were doing in 02? Moyes has done better than that,for me. I'd say changing 14th to 17th place finishes into 8th to 4th place finishes, getting runs in Europe with literally no help financially whatsoever deserves more than "ok". Whatever you think of how we've done the last two or three years.

Yes we have slipped away a bit the last couple of seasons but with zero transfer budget what do you expect?

...And what was the budget for when we were "European contenders"?

You sound like the man himself, he hasn't had money to spend in 10 years and yet we never used to hear him talk about his "knife to a gunfight" b*llocks.

I'm not going to turn this thread; and I apologise for seemingly doing nothing but bombard Moyles lately but stuff like this can't slip under the radar and be used as an excuse for us becoming a mediocre club again.

The man is a true blue hero and deserves more respect than he gets from many on here.

That's how I still see it, but yes, with the odd bit of rage thrown in. It's impossible not to rage a bit most weeks. If there was one thing I could ask of Moyes, it would be just to take a gamble in some games, not even a gamble as such, just try to win the game early doors, rather than fighting for a point or two late on. God knows how many times we've scraped a late win or draw, so I can't complain, but when it backfires, it's so infuriating

Well played though Davey.

...And what was the budget for when we were "European contenders"?

You sound like the man himself, he hasn't had money to spend in 10 years and yet we never used to hear him talk about his "knife to a gunfight" b*llocks.

I'm not going to turn this thread; and I apologise for seemingly doing nothing but bombard Moyles lately but stuff like this can't slip under the radar and be used as an excuse for us becoming a mediocre club again.

I'm fed up of hearing stuff like the "knife to a gunfight" remark as well, but Moyes has broken our transfer record several times, AJ, Yakubu, Fellaini and IIRC even flippin' Beattie were record signings. I know the money came from player sales, mainly Rooney & Lescott, but he did have money to spend when were "European contenders", regardless of where it came from. The last couple of seasons there's been zip.

Personally, I think he is still the best manager we could hope for at the moment. Everyone may not agree with everyone's tactics all the time, but that's football and as EFCNIK said earlier in this thread "we'd be ****ed without him". I agree, and like to think he'll stay around for a while longer.

I don't think I can ever truly hate him, but his ineptitude and negativity in the past few years has stopped me from loving him like I used to.

I think he's given up. He's going through the motions now. Very rarely do you here him talking about what there is to be done anymore. He's in hunker down mode: what we have we preserve type of attitude.

Of course, you cant isolate that attitude from the ball bags in the boardroom and their clueless management of Everton off the pitch. But it does disappoint me that he's just gone along with the managed decline since the cup final of 2009. Basically, I think he just got to that point and thought: "They're going to take my squad apart now so what will I do? Ahh fcuk it, I'll stay here - at least there's job security". Maybe understandable in a way, but that's not the man you want as Everton manager.

I dont want to dislike Moyes, I really dont (and, in fact, I still dont). But I'd like to see him leave asap, because more and more of us will end up losing all respect for him and that's something he doesn't deserve, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.