Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's given up. He's going through the motions now. Very rarely do you here him talking about what there is to be done anymore. He's in hunker down mode: what we have we preserve type of attitude.

Of course, you cant isolate that attitude from the ball bags in the boardroom and their clueless management of Everton off the pitch. But it does disappoint me that he's just gone along with the managed decline since the cup final of 2009. Basically, I think he just got to that point and thought: "They're going to take my squad apart now so what will I do? Ahh fcuk it, I'll stay here - at least there's job security". Maybe understandable in a way, but that's not the man you want as Everton manager.

I dont want to dislike Moyes, I really dont (and, in fact, I still dont). But I'd like to see him leave asap, because more and more of us will end up losing all respect for him and that's something he doesn't deserve, tbh.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/12/everton-and-levante-two-peas-in-a-pod/#ixzz1oKyxA6w6

That is what the old Moyes was like ^

He's changed for sure, and whilst the constraints he has are pretty sh*tty, the sympathy he gets is pathetic and the product of sycophancy. How many of us would kill to have his job? How many people in employment currently would kill to have his job security?

Quite simply, my view on him and us is this: he used to over-perform, and we cannot demand that. But we can expect and demand that we at least achieve what's adequate with what we have. 13th place is not. Being behind Norwich is not. Drawing to Wigan and making dour substitutions to suck the life out of games supporters may a lot of money to watch, is not.

I don't want Moyes out, I just want the old Moyes back.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/12/everton-and-levante-two-peas-in-a-pod/#ixzz1oKyxA6w6

He's changed for sure, and whilst the constraints he has are pretty sh*tty, the sympathy he gets is pathetic and the product of sycophancy. How many of us would kill to have his job? How many people in employment currently would kill to have his job security?

Quite simply, my view on him and us is this: he used to over-perform, and we cannot demand that. But we can expect and demand that we at least achieve what's adequate with what we have. 13th place is not. Being behind Norwich is not. Drawing to Wigan and making dour substitutions to suck the life out of games supporters may a lot of money to watch, is not.

He's gone forever mate. How long have we all been waiting for him to "just fcking go fer it", but he never, ever does. The most frustrating man on earth. He's his own worst enemy!!!

Moyes must surely think though that even if he does it again (overachieves by taking a few more chances here and there by blooding younger players, bolder formations and gambling for a win when we're drawing etc) he wont see the benefit: it'll just end in zero more investment and we stay essentially as we are. There's no motivation for him there. My gripe is that he hangs on taking this without a murmer of discontent; and now we get to his 10 year anniversary he'll be patted on the back partly because in the past few years he's just 'got on with it'. Well in my opinion 'getting on with it' is nothing to be getting plaudits for. That part of his reign at Goodison - 2009 through to the present - has been a humiliating one for him. Seven good seasons...but now he's treading water and living on the past.

HOW DARE the PL postpone our fixture against the RS just because they were in the CC final. They have cost us a couple of league placings and we should sue them.

And HOW DARE Norwich City win some games of football mid-season, and have the BARE FACED CHEEK to be temporarily above us in the League.

Seething with rage here.

HOW DARE the PL postpone our fixture against the RS just because they were in the CC final. They have cost us a couple of league placings and we should sue them.

And HOW DARE Norwich City win some games of football mid-season, and have the BARE FACED CHEEK to be temporarily above us in the League.

Seething with rage here.

Norwich have beaten teams we should of this season, that's why we're currently 13th

Cutting through all the OTT praise he'll receive this week from journalists who couldn't give a **** if we stay mid-table forever and Bill Kenwright remained in charge forever = Moyes has done ok. Nothing tangible to show for it, but he's put Everton in a better position than he found it in.

...erm...that's it really.

Be honest, you're on the happy pills aren't you........

Cutting through all the OTT praise he'll receive this week from journalists who couldn't give a **** if we stay mid-table forever and Bill Kenwright remained in charge forever = Moyes has done ok. Nothing tangible to show for it, but he's put Everton in a better position than he found it in.

...erm...that's it really.

davek .... I agree with every word you say. I really couldn't have put it any better myself. Well in.

Don't wish to end on a negative, but for me I'm afraid, 10 more years of DM means I probably won't live long enough to see my beloved Blues win another trophy. To me Moyes is not a winner. He's Mr Average. Simple as.

Oh dear.
And we have beaten teams we shouldnt aswell, namely the fat cat, meaga rich, spunk money on players like it doesnt matter, Man city and Chelsea.

Isnt it mad how football works!

2 good deeds don't make 10 fu*k ups suddenly disappear, do they?

Oh dear.
And we have beaten teams we shouldnt aswell, namely the fat cat, meaga rich, spunk money on players like it doesnt matter, Man city and Chelsea.

QPR x 2

Norwich (h)

Stoke (h)

Wigan (a)

Bolton (h)

Blackburn (h)

7 games were we played negative football and simply didn't put enough effort in. 17 points dropped against teams we should of beat. All well and good doing at against City & Chelsea, but what's the point if you start slow every year and end up finishing mid-table.

We're Everton, since when did we settle for this ever?

Maybe i'm wrong but i want us winning trophies, everyone goes on about our history, well let's start living up to that. Is Moyes happy with that? He shouldn't be and nor with those games above and the majority was his fault we didn't do better.

Norwich have beaten teams we should of this season, that's why we're currently 13th

Judge at the end of the season. We're right smack dab in the middle of the hardest two months of the season. Have a look at the fixtures we have in the last 2 and a half months of the year, then look at how we've done against that type of team in those two months in the last 5/6 years. You will see that there is no point judging this season at all yet. We could even win silverware yet. We're 13th now, yes. Will we even be bottom half at the end of the season? Will we be below Norwich? The past suggests almost certainly not. So there's plenty still to change. No point getting down about being below Norwich when we will probably be out of sight of them come the end of the season.

Oh dear.

Twice. We've underperformed against teams we should have beaten a hell of a lot more. That's why we're in 13th, and yes sure, we have a game in hand, but that's at Anfield. And by your own logic we shouldn't get anything there, as they're a mega rich team who spunk money on players like it doesn't matter.

Judge at the end of the season. We're right smack dab in the middle of the hardest two months of the season. Have a look at the fixtures we have in the last 2 and a half months of the year, then look at how we've done against that type of team in those two months in the last 5/6 years. You will see that there is no point judging this season at all yet. We could even win silverware yet. We're 13th now, yes. Will we even be bottom half at the end of the season? Will we be below Norwich? The past suggests almost certainly not. So there's plenty still to change. No point getting down about being below Norwich when we will probably be out of sight of them come the end of the season.

I don't think we'll end up 13th, prob be 8th, and even then, 8th is nowhere near good enough for me, as i say, we're Everton, we shouldn't settle for this being the norm.

Oh dear.

Insane isn't it ?! It seems that the league position mid-season is more important than the position at the end of the season for some.

Sure when you've run out of things to criticise Moyes about, why not blame him for things that he has no control over. Such as the PL cancelling a fixture and Norwich winning football matches.

It's unacceptable. Moyes out FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.