Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

The basic maths says that if we get shut of some of the woeful high earners (Keane etc) and bring in players on more sensible wages, then the financial rules won’t be a problem.

But, and it’s a bigger but than the Fat Spanish Waiter’s, how do we fund the purchases? Selling Branthwaite or Onana obviously gives us some but given Sean and Kev won’t get to spend it all anyway, we’re still going to be looking for kids, free transfers and loans.

It’s not going to be any different from the last couple of seasons. Unless someone else comes in to buy us, we’re still going to be hoping we find a pair of Armani keks in the Formby charity shops.

————Pickford———-

Coleman —- Tarkowski——Godfrey——Mykolenko

New Loan——Garner——Doucoure—-Dobbin

——————McNeil———————

——————-DCL————————

I think we will see something like this next season

Don’t think we will replace Branthwaite, Onana, gueye, Gomes and Dele

we may sign Harrison if the price is right
Tbf we could replace dele with a jar of marmalade. And gomes won't need much replacing either

I actually think both Greaves & Harwood-Bellis could play Full backs in this Dyche defence and look pretty good.

If we did sell Branthwaite and signed them both to join Tarkowski as the squads centre backs i think it would be a clever move.
I think Greaves might be out of our price bracket tbh, Hull are trying to build around him and they have no shortage of money so he will cost too much for us I reckon.

I think Greaves might be out of our price bracket tbh, Hull are trying to build around him and they have no shortage of money so he will cost too much for us I reckon.

With Harwood-Bellis only having 1 year on his deal and being at a club who dont have a need for money immediately...

...i'd see if we could do a Beto type deal for him and back load most of the fee.

That would leave any available funds this summer to be used on Greaves instead.

How much could they ask for him? £25-30mil would be the top end for a championship centre back. I wouldnt expect them to block a move either as he may kick up a fuss.

This one makes sense

Not sure what happened to him?

Injuries must have really hampered him:

He was fantastic at Leicester in the premier league up until last two seasons. Someone i really wished we had signed.

Risky with the injuries and possible loss of form.

You have to factor in all of the past costs that the club have been paying for + wages.

Gomes alone is £6mil a year in salary.

Lonergan
Coleman
Young
Gana
Dele
Gomes
Harrison
Danjuma

Surely thats circa £35mil a year purely in wages...

Then look at Keane, Godfrey, Holgate and how much theyre taking home and probably another £12.5mil there too.

Not far off £50mil going on 11 players wages that can be replaced with 5 players on far lower salaries.
Those players made ~160 appearances between them. In a season with relatively few injuries.

Add in another 72 appearances from Branthwaite and Onana, who will both be gone.

Also, you’re out of your tree if you reckon getting rid of Gana is a good idea.

————Pickford———-

Coleman —- Tarkowski——Godfrey——Mykolenko

New Loan——Garner——Doucoure—-Dobbin

——————McNeil———————

——————-DCL————————

I think we will see something like this next season

Don’t think we will replace Branthwaite, Onana, gueye, Gomes and Dele

we may sign Harrison if the price is right
Michael Keane would be Branthwaites replacement.

Michael Keane would be Branthwaites replacement.
owen-wilson-wow-marley-and-me.gif

Those players made ~160 appearances between them. In a season with relatively few injuries.

Add in another 72 appearances from Branthwaite and Onana, who will both be gone.

Also, you’re out of your tree if you reckon getting rid of Gana is a good idea.
Could be left with just garner and doucoure. Agree letting gana go is a massive mistake