Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do stupid things all the time, it all gets amplified when you're so in the public eye. He was younger than i am now when he kissed the badge, after being treated like absolute ****e by our fans at the time. A lot of players still aren't model professionals when they're close to 30, never mind 18.

Still knows what it's like to be an Evertonian. Kissing the Manc badge was a disgrace.

FFS. He was 18. I'm not far off that and I can't for the life of me decide where I want to go to University, never mind resist the lure of millions of pounds and league titles near enough every year. He didn't leave just for the money, he joined the best and biggest team in world football at the time while we were relegation battlers.

Of course the kissing the badge was a stupid thing to do, but it was done as a wind up to fans abusing him when he was still a kid. Javier Hernandez kissed the United badge on his debut after being at the club for days. Does that mean he's a massive United fan and doesn't support his boyhood club? No, because the gesture means **** all.

Although he's done a couple of silly things since he's always said he's an Evertonian and is raising his son one. Every time they beat Liverpool he mentions us and how much we'll be enjoying it. He's a blue like all of us.

I think it's about time people got over it to be honest.

FFS. He was 18. I'm not far off that and I can't for the life of me decide where I want to go to University, never mind resist the lure of millions of pounds and league titles near enough every year. He didn't leave just for the money, he joined the best and biggest team in world football at the time while we were relegation battlers.

Of course the kissing the badge was a stupid thing to do, but it was done as a wind up to fans abusing him when he was still a kid. Javier Hernandez kissed the United badge on his debut after being at the club for days. Does that mean he's a massive United fan and doesn't support his boyhood club? No, because the gesture means **** all.

Although he's done a couple of silly things since he's always said he's an Evertonian and is raising his son one. Every time they beat Liverpool he mentions us and how much we'll be enjoying it. He's a blue like all of us.

Yup..

this really. also university wise, i'm gonna give you the same advice my dad gave me when i lost my virginty, 'just pick one, they all cost the same'

Champions League, League cup, FA cup, Premier League. Hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. Most sensible Evertonians understand.

Hardly silly.

Good post but aren't those terms mutually exclusive.

I don't have a problem with him leaving (although I think he could have given us 1 more season) it's how he's behaved since then. The book, the badge kissing AT GOODISON etc etc.

A few tweets and one appearance in about 8 years isn't gonna cut it for me.

Koff Shrek.

Yeah. Glad I never did anything stupid when I was younger.

Oh, wait...

People do stupid things all the time, it all gets amplified when you're so in the public eye. He was younger than i am now when he kissed the badge, after being treated like absolute ****e by our fans at the time. A lot of players still aren't model professionals when they're close to 30, never mind 18.

...and I see that I'm not alone in my thinking.

Good post but aren't those terms mutually exclusive.

Yeah. Glad I never did anything stupid when I was younger.

Oh, wait...

...and I see that I'm not alone in my thinking.

He's a prick of the highest order. I hope my faith is restored in the Everton fanbase and he gets booed off the ****ing park next time he plays at GP.

As an Everton supporter why should he not be welcome at goodison ?
When he's playing for man utd at goodison then that's a different matter,he is like the other 10 players on that team the enemy.

He's a prick of the highest order. I hope my faith is restored in the Everton fanbase and he gets booed off the ****ing park next time he plays at GP.
get ready to be disappointed in the vast majority of evertonians then. rooney is a winner and the stick off us probably cut him deep so he fought back by kissing their badge. move on already

Status
Not open for further replies.