6 + 2 Point Deductions

Why though?

Our very existence is an annoyance to the PL’s most lucrative customer base. Just by existing we are damaging the brand of Liverpool football club the prosperity of which is now the entire revenue model of the premier league. It would not surprise me at all if Liverpool’s US owners wanted us flushed out of any sort of top flight competitiveness and the PL and Pigmol are only too happy to oblige. People can call me a conspiracy theorist all they want but money talks and the PL makes its money from tv deals and the tv company makes its money from Liverpool fans watching. That’s why they get all the refereeing decisions, that’s why they get all the media fawning all over them, and the opposite side of the coin is we get shafted.

I think we will end up with 16 points deducted in total with Forest getting 6. Survival will be dependent on us finishing above Sheff United, Burnley and Forest. Sadly I think we will fall 3 or 4 points short
Where did you get the six points punishment? What is the logic behind your reasoning? We have already been partially punished for the second breach. If we don't get anything back after appeal and they find us guilty they should only punish us for one year breach and that would be 3-4 point deduction, right?

Our very existence is an annoyance to the PL’s most lucrative customer base. Just by existing we are damaging the brand of Liverpool football club the prosperity of which is now the entire revenue model of the premier league. It would not surprise me at all if Liverpool’s US owners wanted us flushed out of any sort of top flight competitiveness and the PL and Pigmol are only too happy to oblige. People can call me a conspiracy theorist all they want but money talks and the PL makes its money from tv deals and the tv company makes its money from Liverpool fans watching. That’s why they get all the refereeing decisions, that’s why they get all the media fawning all over them, and the opposite side of the coin is we get shafted.
OK .

Where did you get the six points punishment? What is the logic behind your reasoning? We have already been partially punished for the second breach. If we don't get anything back after appeal and they find us guilty they should only punish us for one year breach and that would be 3-4 point deduction, right?

There is no logic behind it, he just comes up with the most negative possible outcome in any scenario so that anything otherwise will be a little crumb of comfort.

But you don't have to go back in time to fix it, isn't that the point? I know there'll be extremes, e.g. if you lost a billion in one year you'd obviously fail for three years, but that would be the case the other way as well.

2018/19 was a terrible year for losses and dropped off the calculation. 2022/23 has to be pretty bad as well.
There was a 40 million surplus in transfers in 22/23 we baught in 42 million and sold 80 million all after slashing the wage bill by not renewing the deadwood on massive contracts, if losses amount to as much or more than the 18/19 losses then quite frankley we deserve any punishment they give us, it would be horrific financial managment even by Moshiri standards.

After a transfer window where basacally nothing was spent by PL teams Everton should be demanding that Every club has their finances looked over in the same manner that ours were with a fine tooth comb, Every club must be either close to or in breach of rules for them all to cut back in this manner almost like not to draw attention to themselves, Villa pushing for a top 4 spot January was the time to spend to kick on but nothing, United are half a billion in debt something has got to be going on there, City i can understand them not spending, Liverpool are in a title race spent nothing despite being the poster boy on how FFP should be done, Arsenal likewise in a title race, nothing spent by clubs near top 4 or by teams at the bottom in relegation battles.. I'd imigine that every clubs finances are a compleate mess and something worth punishing them for would be found.. Something here stinks.

Last edited:

After a transfer window where basacally nothing was spent by PL teams Everton should be demanding that Every club has their finances looked over in the same manner that ours were with a fine tooth comb, Every club must be either close to or in breach of rules for them all to cut back in this manner almost like not to draw attention to themselves, Villa pushing for a top 4 spot January was the time to spend to kick on but nothing, United are half a billion in debt something has got to be going on there, City i can understand them not spending, Liverpool are in a title race spent nothing despite being the poster boy on how FFP should be done, Arsenal likewise in a title race, nothing spent by clubs near top 4 or by teams at the bottom in relegation battles.. I'd imigine that every clubs finances are a compleate mess and something worth punishing them for would be found.. Something here stinks.
Quite

If they decide to punish us for the 2x different rolling 3 year periods, and I expect they intend to try, then surely there should be some rule in place that the 2x punishments can't be applied into one single season. I'm sure Super Silk will argue that case.
That ship sailed when the accelerated procedure was agreed . To be honest it was to Everton’s advantage not having the 10 point deduction in 22/23 even a more sensible 3 points as we know would have flipped the relegation positions

There is a very strong argument that there has already been a punishment for the first 2/3 of the monitoring period but without far more detail we have now the numbers look if you look once you strip out 2018/19 numbers.