6 + 2 Point Deductions

Pissed up pockets of neanderthals in a stadium also sing poverty songs and songs about Hillsborough, are we lumping the rest of those fanbases in with them as well?

Every fan of a non top 6 club will have absolutely shat the bed when our punishment was announced, whether they’d admit it or not.
It's banter. I know in today's society it is frowned on or not allowed but let's not kid ourselves, we'd be doing the same if the situation was reversed. The only people to blame for this are the incompetent fools running the club.

Clearly the biggest issue with our current problems with P&S is that we couldn’t work with Usmanov and USM due to the rules & sanctions that the PL had put in place on the russia/ukraine war.

Now, deals linked to businesses with clear links to Russia are deemed acceptable?! Didn’t know the conflict was over?
Checking club badge again.
Has to be another point on the appeal list, to add to the myriad other blatant discrepancies in our case.
Yes possibly but this is where we have to be careful. We are quick to throw accusations at City but the issue is still a breach of the rules regarding FFP. We need to be careful about suggesting that if we still had Usmanov that this would be a non-issue. The reality is that if we did still have that resource, we would still be in breach unless the club took action to disguise the problem... effectively doing what City did with inflated sponsorship deals with related entities.

Look what happened to Leicester when they upset the apple cart. Financial fair play or whatever it's called now is definitely anti competition and must be stopped.
So many examples. Wolves were another. Came up from the Championship, finished 7th, qualified for Europe, then fell foul of UEFA FFP because of a lower threshold, then finished 7th again which could have been 6th if they had scored one more goal, and then they have to be careful in what they spend.

Bottom line here is that you have to spend to compete. You have to pay big wages to attract the players who can compete at the to end. FFP makes it very difficult to sustain this. Clubs can have one or two good seasons but then they regress because the spending has to stop. The clubs with bigger revenues keep on spending to stay at the top and they are the teams only interested in stopping others joining them.

Seriously, how does a club like Leicester get relegated so soon after winning the league? That has to be the biggest example of how the elite protect each other. It's supposed to be a sport but it is financially stacked against teams who show any ambition.

We had three years of buying when Moshiri first took over. So that's three years in the last 25 years, we obviously deserve a ten point deduction. :)
I'd have preferred a 5 year transfer ban so we couldn't buy any more dirge like we did then. We have been paying for it ever since.

Yes possibly but this is where we have to be careful. We are quick to throw accusations at City but the issue is still a breach of the rules regarding FFP. We need to be careful about suggesting that if we still had Usmanov that this would be a non-issue. The reality is that if we did still have that resource, we would still be in breach unless the club took action to disguise the problem... effectively doing what City did with inflated sponsorship deals with related entities.

Not quite. We're talking £19 million here. Even if they want to argue the deal was inflated, that figure would still come down. Unless of course you're gonna argue that the deal should have been for about 6 pence a year.

Not quite. We're talking £19 million here. Even if they want to argue the deal was inflated, that figure would still come down. Unless of course you're gonna argue that the deal should have been for about 6 pence a year.

Yeah, if we were in breach by 19 million, we'd magically have a 19 million Megafon sponsorship deal.

Not sure what you mean here. We had a deal in place for the training ground. It clearly caused a projected loss/hole in our accounting when that was pulled.

What I am saying is if there was ever a revenue/profit gap to be compliant with PSR, Usmanov would have covered it.

He can't now.

Same thing. Surely a Russian metals and mining company gains nothing from sponsoring Everton.

Generally not how sponsorship or advertising works. Doubt many Arsenal fans rushed out to buy flights to the Emirates because they sponsored them. Just like I'm not about to rush out and buy all the brands I see advertised on tv.

It's about brand recognition. They are also a mobile phone company. Hence mega'FON'.

I'd have preferred a 5 year transfer ban so we couldn't buy any more dirge like we did then. We have been paying for it ever since.

The way I saw it, we definitely overpaid for the calibre of player we acquired, but what really stood out for me, was the turnover of Managers and Coaching staff, we had no continuity. We had about five or six different managers in six years, six years of players who were bought by other managers for differing styles of play, it never had a chance of working. We also had Moshiri buying players, Kenwright buying players, managers buying players and DOF's trying to manage it, buying players. What should have been a great chance to rid ourselves of the manacles of Kenwright downsizing us and years of being cash strapped Everton, led to a new nightmare.

Generally not how sponsorship or advertising works. Doubt many Arsenal fans rushed out to buy flights to the Emirates because they sponsored them. Just like I'm not about to rush out and buy all the brands I see advertised on tv.

It's about brand recognition. They are also a mobile phone company. Hence mega'FON'.

? Emirates operates tons of flights out of the UK and worldwide. They're a consumer brand.

I wouldn't think that many Everton supporters had the opportunity to change their metals and mining business to USM companies. Doubt there's much brand growth for the 2nd largest mobile carrier in Russia sponsoring Everton.

I don't really care, I'm just saying these sponsorship deals were not exactly typical and now they're gone.