6 + 2 Point Deductions

Finger in the air …. IF we’ve breached again, a 5 point deduction likely.
Current appeal … 5 points back

So it’s as you were. Or, in other words, yet another almighty relegation scrap

Happy days
Don’t reckon we’ve breached it again. We’d have sold more in the summer if we had and we’d probably already have sold someone now.

In the year of 20/21 google says Chelsea made a loss of £154m
In the year of 21/22 they made a loss of £121m.

In 2 years they have made a loss of £275m, and yet at the same time they have spent hundreds of millions in the last financial year (although amortization will reduce that).

Therefore for this years accounts they will have had to have made a profit of £165m?? to comply with FFP?

How come the Times have been quiet about them?? Surely they are also upto their neck in problems far worse than ours given they don't have any large capital projects that I am aware off.

It suggests the Times article may not be accurate.

Don’t reckon we’ve breached it again. We’d have sold more in the summer if we had and we’d probably already have sold someone now.

Times suggesting both Forest and us are likely to have breached but of the two, Forest most likely.

Then a few pages later, Martin Samuel bemoaning PSR as stopping Newcastle from making PL more “competitive“ by spending oodles of money and castigating the PL as a closed shop in favour of the cartel

Many factors play into the continuity of the mass appeal on TV, I think someone already mentioned that more games and the 5% revenue increase in real terms is negligible and if there is a tide shift of opinion amongst many who see the level of disparity across the Premier League(Corrupt) alone, never mind the lower leagues, will/could there be a shift to watching more grass roots stuff?

but also factor in the economy, in my own household alone my disposable income has been hit so its a narrower margin every month and there are no signs this is due to end any time soon, I work for a company that employs over 15k people and the end of year survey highlighted a real issue with peoples ability to afford even the basics, never mind the luxuries like Sky, Netflix etc so something will have to give, for me it will be multi fold and for many others will be the same.

so will we see this filter down to the Prem(corrupt) and in turn Sky subscriptions, yes i believe so. Wont be quick like you say but it is now seemingly inevitable that there will be some form of breakaway and good riddance to them, as then and only then we may well see a return of even playing filed for all and asa result some of the enjoyment back in the game. I know I speak as a Toffee and all that encompasses but there is little joy in for it us at the moment and i know of other teams fans who feel the same and they will be the first to cut the spend per head on games,tv etc.

Its been a long time coming but it needs to happen
Most of the TV money comes from international TV deals. A global recession could certainly reduce the money clubs currently receive. There is no real alternative for foreign fans though. They won't switch to the German, Spanish or French leagues.

Seriously lad have a word with yourself.
Chelsea notified the league about making illegal payments under Abramovich with the following ludicrous club statement

These allegations pre-date the club’s current ownership,” Chelsea said in a statement. “They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club’s former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club.”

I mean going off that reasoning why did Everton get punished as the "breach" happened under the previous owner who has nothing to do with the club.

And as for Man City not spending over the allowable sum even the ghost of Peter Swales knows they are guilty they are just deliberately obstructing the process.
I think to be fair to West Stand, the Chelsea issue is far more serious than ours. Not only should those payments be brought into consideration within the FFP. I.e. those payments be added to the loss for those years etc, but those payments also suggest illegal behaviour designed to manipulate the system. They also have a duty to be open about matters and if they have concealed payments then that is very serious.

Our issue is a straight forward accountancy matter and we fell over the wrong line in the books. The City and Chelsea issues relate to deliberate concealment of illegal payments and/or potentially fraudulently manipulating their accounts. Are issue is far more straight forward and not as serious. Allegedly.

Any club breaching the P/S rules on the 15th Jan (and there must be a few considering the Corrupt PL shifted the accounts required date), if not given a 10 point penalty the same as us, then we should go after the Corrupt PL with everything we have.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of clubs breaching will decide our future. Obviously a different situation if we've breached again but if we haven't and say 2-3 others have, I could see them removing our deduction and not implementing more

Seriously lad have a word with yourself.
Chelsea notified the league about making illegal payments under Abramovich with the following ludicrous club statement

These allegations pre-date the club’s current ownership,” Chelsea said in a statement. “They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club’s former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club.”

I mean going off that reasoning why did Everton get punished as the "breach" happened under the previous owner who has nothing to do with the club.

And as for Man City not spending over the allowable sum even the ghost of Peter Swales knows they are guilty they are just deliberately obstructing the process.
You clearly haven’t grasped the difference between the issues.

Just dont understand what elae we could have done to get out of this mess if we fail again. Like how the hell would we even have a team, staff ect.

Just dont understand what elae we could have done to get out of this mess if we fail again. Like how the hell would we even have a team, staff ect.
That's the thing. The whole PS rule is counterintuitive. It's meant to be there ensure clubs live within their means but it'll more than likley ensure they go bust. The only beneficiaries really are United and the RS (and possibly spurs and arsenal).

Wouldn’t have mattered if sold after the close of the accounting period. Damage already done. Would have had to sell last January to scrape above the limit. Plus, the club seemed convinced they complied last time so were probably content with our position until the before the hearing in October when we suddenly had to admit guilt.

That said I don’t think we will have an issue this time.

Wouldn’t have mattered if sold after the close of the accounting period. Damage already done. Would have had to sell last January to scrape above the limit. Plus, the club seemed convinced they complied last time so were probably content with our position until the before the hearing in October when we suddenly had to admit guilt.

That said I don’t think we will have an issue this time.
For me it hinges on whether we knew we'd breached and just delayed our plea to avoid a deduction last season. If not we could be in trouble as we'll not have accounted for about £20 million.