6 + 2 Point Deductions

Jeez, more drama. Do you think they're doing everything they can to upset the new ground ownership? They'll introduce a new law soon stating any stadiums about to complete needs to be clad in red and display a liver bird....

Jeez, more drama. Do you think they're doing everything they can to upset the new ground ownership? They'll introduce a new law soon stating any stadiums about to complete needs to be clad in red and display a liver bird....
  1. Make general repairs on all your property. For each house pay $25. For each hotel pay $100.
  2. You are assessed for street repair. $40 per house. $115 per hotel.
  3. If building a new stadium, hand out all your points and pay 200m quid. Tomorrow.

Agree, unfortunately for us.

Something I don’t understand: Everton and (if there’s a case) Forest get investigated quickly. If we’re guilty in 22-23 we get punished this season.

But City and Chelsea appear to be getting about 15 years’ grace from some of their alleged offences. Why are we ahead of them in the queue? It appears 1 year’s ‘cheating’ is treated more seriously than 15 years’ ‘cheating’
There's no easy way of answering that without repeating the statement that it's all corrupt.
Because all clubs and their supporters would love to be where City, Utd & the r/s are, it's in varying degrees as to how much of their soul (as supporters) they want to sell, for the club it's how big a risk or gamble they want to take.
If those clubs stuck together and supported each other, there would be a better product at then end of it I'm sure.

If we’ve breached there will be no leniency on us. We aren’t Man City. If anything I think we’d be punished more severely than Everton. If we get hit for 10+ points we’re down.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
Completely agree, but the rules are about ‘sustainability’ in name only.

There's no easy way of answering that without repeating the statement that it's all corrupt.
Because all clubs and their supporters would love to be where City, Utd & the r/s are, it's in varying degrees as to how much of their soul (as supporters) they want to sell, for the club it's how big a risk or gamble they want to take.
If those clubs stuck together and supported each other, there would be a better product at then end of it I'm sure.
Agreed. But when we got the 10 point deduction Forest were one of the clubs wanting to sue us by all accounts.

Seems it’s every man for himself unfortunately.

If we are found guilty again, surely they can not impose a penalty on us this year. It will have to take affect next year. If they were to punish us this year, and Man City in say 2 years time for previous historical events, they are in effect picking and choosing themselves when to penalize a club sportingly without any correlation to the date of the offence. The integrity of the whole league will be lost.

I lost any sympathy for Forest when they started singing " you cheating b*****"s, you know what you are" at us, knowing full well how many players they'd signed.
This is the problem, unfortunately.

Football is tribal above everything else. The PL count on leveraging that divide and rule to stop any form of sustained pressure building on them or their decision making.

If us or Forest are charged, how are they going to squeeze in the commission trial and the inevitable appeal before may?

FWIW I think if forest even do get 10 points deduction they will still stay up. 10 more for us and we are toast

If we are found guilty again, surely they can not impose a penalty on us this year. It will have to take affect next year. If they were to punish us this year, and Man City in say 2 years time for previous historical events, they are in effect picking and choosing themselves when to penalize a club sportingly without any correlation to the date of the offence. The integrity of the whole league will be lost.

The integrity of the whole league has already been lost.

The forest argument has absolutely no chance to succeed. What happens if after June 30th there are suddenly no takers for your star player. The premier league was very pragmatic, probably too pragmatic in our case. No reason to think they will change their approach. Rules are rules. The question is by how much they were over on June 30th. Ultimately they have decided to adopt a dictatorial approach for reasons that at this stage are not clear to me. Protecting the top 6 doesn't look to be the case when you are going after Chelsea and City. Probably the fear of external regulation and governance...
Surely the accounting period should be after the window closes so all deals are concluded?

If us or Forest are charged, how are they going to squeeze in the commission trial and the inevitable appeal before may?

FWIW I think if forest even do get 10 points deduction they will still stay up. 10 more for us and we are toast

Well if we’re living in a world where multiple teams are getting 10 and 20 points deductions every season then it’s not a real sport anyway and I don’t particularly care what happens from that point on tbh.

They'll be focusing on forest this time, can't see how we can be even close this time? We've sold loads of players, massively reduced the wage bill and hardly spent. Juat scare mongering surely