Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
I think I read somewhere it was fixed at £500m mate

Thanks mate, i remember it back in April i thought it was fluffy and non specific language at the time, "greater certainty" is different to "fixed costs".

To be honest i took it that LOR needed reassurance that the finance would be in place for the project, yet no specifics have emerged.

No way anyone at the time (April) was agreeing to fixed costs due to the escalating costs of materials and rising interest rates - which have proven to be the case.

The actual quotes from DBB:

I am delighted to tell you that we have finalised and signed a contract with our construction partners, Laing O'Rourke, which gives us greater certainty as to the costs of the remaining stages of our stadium project. The agreement ensures the work on bringing our new home to reality will continue apace.

To explain the significance, this agreement means we have renewed clarity over the costs for the remaining stages of the project - and that clarity is in line with our budget and cost planning. In short - we have certainty in these uncertain times.

Our accounts, released last month, revealed the profound scale of the impact the pandemic has had, and continues to have, on our Club. They also demonstrated, though, the scale of investment we have already made in our new stadium - and the unwavering commitment of our owner to finish what he has started.

To put it into financial terms, this is the biggest investment and the biggest commercial deal and partnership we have ever struck in our Club's history.

Thanks mate, i remember it back in April i thought it was fluffy and non specific language at the time, "greater certainty" is different to "fixed costs".

To be honest i took it that LOR needed reassurance that the finance would be in place for the project, yet no specifics have emerged.

No way anyone at the time (April) was agreeing to fixed costs due to the escalating costs of materials and rising interest rates - which have proven to be the case.

The actual quotes from DBB:

I am delighted to tell you that we have finalised and signed a contract with our construction partners, Laing O'Rourke, which gives us greater certainty as to the costs of the remaining stages of our stadium project. The agreement ensures the work on bringing our new home to reality will continue apace.

To explain the significance, this agreement means we have renewed clarity over the costs for the remaining stages of the project - and that clarity is in line with our budget and cost planning. In short - we have certainty in these uncertain times.

Our accounts, released last month, revealed the profound scale of the impact the pandemic has had, and continues to have, on our Club. They also demonstrated, though, the scale of investment we have already made in our new stadium - and the unwavering commitment of our owner to finish what he has started.

To put it into financial terms, this is the biggest investment and the biggest commercial deal and partnership we have ever struck in our Club's history.

I think a lot of the materials have been purchased and it secured with known costs to mitigate the rise in costs.

Those thinking this will lead to a sale could be setting themselves up for disappointment.

It took almost 20 years to find a buyer who was willing to keep Kenwright around, and I can't see another one coming along so soon.