Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds spent money they didn’t have and got crippled by their wage bill. We are reducing our wage bill, have a manageable net spend this window, and are only in trouble of a fine from regulators not of our wage bill swallowing us into administration if we don’t make the champions league.

Agreed, Leeds rolled the dice. We must have at least a 3/4 year plan and I'm not saying nothing can ever go wrong as shh happens but we are far less likely to crumble within a season. I guess a more gradual reduction in spending, binning off assets, readying for a sale if worst came to worst. The benefits of being run by an accountant instead of a chancer.

Leeds spent money they didn’t have and got crippled by their wage bill. We are reducing our wage bill, have a manageable net spend this window, and are only in trouble of a fine from regulators not of our wage bill swallowing us into administration if we don’t make the champions league.
You are assuming we are being fiscally prudent you don’t know this any more than the esk who believes we are not.
It’s all just guessing unless and until some hard evidence emerges to support one viewpoint or the other. Until then both the optimistic and pessimistic positions are valid.
So ,in conclusion ,as the great Bob Marley urged ‘Dont Worry Be Happy’

Delaney reporting him wanting to join us is obviously his agent making moves. We wouldn’t plant stories with him, and he’s not one to make up stories.

Get it done Marcel.

I'm excited for this season, I just think 65million on Zaha + his wages is a massive waste of the clubs money, I thought we were supposed to have stopped pissing big money up the wall on average players and were going back to a moyesesque renaissance of buying cheap, talent and potential

That has been our problem ...buying cheap talent with potential....Potential not always realised hence barren years. Now we can build a team with much better proven players and once we can establish ourselves we can then revert to a bit of both but at this moment in time cheap gambles will not see us get established.

Agreed, Leeds rolled the dice. We must have at least a 3/4 year plan and I'm not saying nothing can ever go wrong as shh happens but we are far less likely to crumble within a season. I guess a more gradual reduction in spending, binning off assets, readying for a sale if worst came to worst. The benefits of being run by an accountant instead of a chancer.
Leeds rolled the dice when the money in football aint what it is today

Haven't you heard zaha isn't good enough, doucoure isn't good enough and a world cup winning rb isn't good enough for us.

Yet everyone still loves strac.

Agitating for to a CL club for the last 2 years and nobody will touch him. He showed what he was in that cup final, a Sunday league Yaya Toure. Don’t want to hear “oh it’s Watford playing city” excuse; a top player steps above and stands out. He stood out, for being the worst person on the pitch for a team that conceded 6

As for Zaha, he is what he is. He’ll add pace and a bit of excitement for sure, but he’s not this world class player people make him out to be. And he’s certainly not worth anything close to £65m, he might win us a few points. But he certainly won’t be adding something that a £20m punt from Europe couldn’t. The only benefit is that he’s played in England so is adapt to the league, but that’s a £30m premium we’re paying.

To be honest I really want him but 65m alone should do it without adding McCarthy who they bid 9m for and Tosun who we paid 27m for.

I just don't see why we have to top the 65m up with players Tosun and McCarthy are worth like 20m for the pair.

I was shocked by how little esk knew on that business matters podcast thing that came out a week or two ago. His voice also sounded extremely whiny but I reckon that's neither here nor there

I like the Blaine fella tho

To be honest I really want him but 65m alone should do it without adding McCarthy who they bid 9m for and Tosun who we paid 27m for.

I just don't see why we have to top the 65m up with players Tosun and McCarthy are worth like 20m for the pair.
Would far rather we made the £65m up with players like Tosun, Niasse, Bolasie and McCarthy. Clear out the dead wood, free up a huge chunk of payroll, keep all our actual money for actual players.

Would far rather we made the £65m up with players like Tosun, Niasse, Bolasie and McCarthy. Clear out the dead wood, free up a huge chunk of payroll, keep all our actual money for actual players.
Me too, but these latest articles are saying 65m cash plus two players

Status
Not open for further replies.