2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Really hope he kicks on next season and we reap the benefits.
we've all wanted to see more of him this season, even yesterday I was calling for him to partner DCL from the start but they have obviously been working with him behind the scenes and he has really improved despite not many minutes in the 1st team. He's still very young and green but if he keeps developing, I'm happy for them to do some of that in the background til he's ready to smash the first team into European togger.

we've all wanted to see more of him this season, even yesterday I was calling for him to partner DCL from the start but they have obviously been working with him behind the scenes and he has really improved despite not many minutes in the 1st team. He's still very young and green but if he keeps developing, I'm happy for them to do some of that in the background til he's ready to smash the first team into European togger.
He really wasnt bought to be getting any minutes this season. That’s why Beto was brought in (and Danjuma to act as 3rd choice striker). Chermiti was one for 2/3 years down the line but due to our small squad and Danjuma really not cutting it, he has ended up not being available you U21s but not really getting any first team game time either.

Which position do we think he'll be developed for?

The centre forward position or the role just behind?

Also, as he was used over Beto towards season end, do we now see him as 2nd choice and we'll try to sell Beto?

Or was Dyche just giving him a chance end of the season (though he didnt give much of a chance to others) ?

Which position do we think he'll be developed for?

The centre forward position or the role just behind?

Also, as he was used over Beto towards season end, do we now see him as 2nd choice and we'll try to sell Beto?

Or was Dyche just giving him a chance end of the season (though he didnt give much of a chance to others) ?

….its more a question of ‘will he ever be good enough to establish himself in the team’. He didn’t come cheap and he still needs to demonstrate he’s good enough. It doesn’t automatically happen.

He’s old enough now, United had 2 19 year olds scoring in an FA Cup final yesterday. It’s a great time for him, but ultimately it’s up to him.

….its more a question of ‘will he ever be good enough to establish himself in the team’. He didn’t come cheap and he still needs to demonstrate he’s good enough. It doesn’t automatically happen.

He’s old enough now, United had 2 19 year olds scoring in an FA Cup final yesterday. It’s a great time for him, but ultimately it’s up to him.
Players develop at different paces

He showed some decent signs at the end of the season

Ideally he’d go out on loan but I don’t think we’ll have the squad size

Players develop at different paces

He showed some decent signs at the end of the season

Ideally he’d go out on loan but I don’t think we’ll have the squad size

….yep, he certainly looked better towards the end of the season (which was a relief) but he was actually very poor in his cameo at Arsenal. We paid decent money for him, especially given our predicament and we need him to start delivering.

….yep, he certainly looked better towards the end of the season (which was a relief) but he was actually very poor in his cameo at Arsenal. We paid decent money for him, especially given our predicament and we need him to start delivering.
Needing or expecting him to start delivering is a bit premature imo like. How many minutes has he had, in total? When he gets a very long run of games where he's actually starting or getting more than 5 minutes here and there, then we'll have a little bit more of an idea as to how good he is. Truth be told, at times this season, he may well have been on the bench for no other reason than we have so few option.