Confirmed Signing Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if we’d spent £25m on Benzema or Young then it’d be a terrible piece of business regardless of how good they were. Like when we gave Ancelotti £60m to throw at a load of short term aging players to finish 10th. That is why we are where we are. Resale value is absolutely critical to the operating model of a club of our stature.

10th and 5-6 points off Europe with Allan and James. Doucoure (still here) and Godfrey were Brands. Worked out didn't it compared to where we are now.

For the right price yes anything over £10m massive risk when we had Ellis Simms and got Cannon here.
If we got around 8 million for 22 year old, not fancied, Simms and replace him with this 19 year old for 10 - 15 million thats a smart move with lots of potential upside.

Assuming he is the replacement for Simms in the squad as we still need another striker.

10th and 5-6 points off Europe with Allan and James. Doucoure (still here) and Godfrey were Brands. Worked out didn't it compared to where we are now.

So what? That doesn’t get us Europe. We finished 10th. No it didn’t work out at all, it’s a direct cause of where we are now. We’ll also lose a fortune and Doucoure and Godfrey too btw.

If your point is that we shouldn’t care about resale value then I cannot help you any further as you don’t live in the real world.

I think this was the plan all along. Sign someone young and for the future (Toure first option) and sign someone like Iheanacho who is more experienced. That would be great recruitment.

Great recruitment gets you success
We need 2 strikers

A younger option with potential, but also ready to be involved in match day squads right away, and then a more experienced and proven player (I want Iheanacho), is the way to go.

We need a goalscorer and a different option along with it. If the target man routine isn’t working in a match it’s better to have a different type to mix things up, an Andy Johnson or Vardy type quick , plays off the shoulder, can anticipate a pass , mistake or cross quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.