Young EFC Players Out On Loan 17-18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could be right which is a shame. He has no fear of youth as he already has Holgate in and around the team. I suppose it boils down to personal preference and it's up to Galloway to prove him wrong. Luke Garbutt is another one who has seemingly been dismissed but that's more understandable as he is of an age where he should be pushing Baines hard and he isn't. I don't think Liam Walsh is a Koeman player either.

I agree Liam doesn't seem to be part of the plans at Everton, which amazes me, what is there not to like about Walsh, he will make it at a good club, hope it is Everton.

Walsh's injury end of last season was extremely untimely. I suspect had he not go it he'd have been with the first team at the very beginning of pre-season.

I would have hoped so, he is more than good enough, but he was fit for most have last season and never got near the subs bench for the first team.

I would have hoped so, he is more than good enough, but he was fit for most have last season and never got near the subs bench for the first team.

Just too many players in front of him last season with Koeman coming in and having to assess his squad + academy + new signings. Now he'll know all about them all and who's close. He could be another Ledson but I just think he'll get a chance soon.

Regarding Galloway, there is chatter we need a left footed defender, who can play in a back three, centrally in a back 4, or fill in at LB. Well that's Galloway to a "T". Yet he's been allowed to leave on loan.

Which tells me RK likes Connolly much better especially because he's not even left footed.
Yeah Connolly has moved ahead if both Galloway and Brendan Garbutt (see what I did there, before I get the (???s) ) as he too has proved he can play LB , in a back three and as a CB.
Loans can be needed for many reasons, for Brendan I think thus is more about building up his confidence and experience again in the Championship. Sadly my impression is he'll be played at left back , when I think he still has it in him to be a good CB. For me he's looked to be a better CB than Holgate on the few occasions they've played together.

Oh , and thanks @atrottel for setting up this thread again , your hard work is much appreciated.

We've also got Steven Kinsella on loan at Dundalk too....hardly played though and out injured right now.

Garbutt not been named in the Europa League squad.....which can of course change, but suggests he is free to leave

With Henry Onyekuru over at Anderlecht we have a Blue over there who regularly watches them . @Armel , could you provide updates on Henry's loan in here mate?

Sure mate I'll put it in here.

28/07 he's playing against the oldest professional club in Belgium (there are older teams but they don't count because universities and things like that); Antwerp (1880). Antwerp is playing in the first division again, after spending 13 years in the lower divisions. Realistically they have quite a substandard team (I even recognize a player from the amateur division that I saw last year - Zotsara Randriambololona), but they'll be extremely motivated.

Will be interesting to see who'll start; some who started during the supercup were bad and there is also Dendoncker coming back so maybe he'll rearrange some players. In the preparation he seemed to prefer Stanciu & Chipciu on the wings; but Stanciu was rubbish during the supercup.

Edit: What the hell a part of his name became a smiley.

Last edited:
Galloway starting at LB for Sunderland again, no Browning.

It seems Browning has got off to a better start so far. Mates who are Sunderland fans at work seem to like the luck of him but jury still out on BG for them.

Galloway starting at LB for Sunderland again, no Browning.

It seems Browning has got off to a better start so far. Mates who are Sunderland fans at work seem to like the luck of him but jury still out on BG for them.

Weird for me to say since I don't live there and regularly get to watch everyone, but I feel oddly confident in predicting Browning will make it with us next year. No idea what his ceiling is but a strong year in the championship certainly puts him in the frame to move ahead of an aging Jags and and aging Williams.

Great size, good athleticism, well schooled, and has overcome adversity. Don't underestimate that. He's been set back a couple times by injuries and it takes a strong mental character to work through that and come back and impress.

Sure mate I'll put it in here.

28/07 he's playing against the oldest professional club in Belgium (there are older teams but they don't count because universities and things like that); Antwerp (1880). Antwerp is playing in the first division again, after spending 13 years in the lower divisions. Realistically they have quite a substandard team (I even recognize a player from the amateur division that I saw last year - Zotsara Randriambololona), but they'll be extremely motivated.

Will be interesting to see who'll start; some who started during the supercup were bad and there is also Dendoncker coming back so maybe he'll rearrange some players. In the preparation he seemed to prefer Stanciu & Chipciu on the wings; but Stanciu was rubbish during the supercup.

Edit: What the hell a part of his name became a smiley.

Thanks Armlolel

Weird for me to say since I don't live there and regularly get to watch everyone, but I feel oddly confident in predicting Browning will make it with us next year. No idea what his ceiling is but a strong year in the championship certainly puts him in the frame to move ahead of an aging Jags and and aging Williams.

Great size, good athleticism, well schooled, and has overcome adversity. Don't underestimate that. He's been set back a couple times by injuries and it takes a strong mental character to work through that and come back and impress.

He will be 24 next season with hardly any games so far he would need an amazing year to get back into our first team I think. Shown to be injury prone and I think if he does well then we will try and get a decent fee for him.

Garbutt I'm amazed at as well...from our bench and England u21 caps to unwanted and 24...no rumours of anyone wanting him at all.

Fun fact: if Onyekuru had gone to PSG he would have been loaned out to Antwerp (tonight's opponents and probable contenders for the relegation dogfight unless something spectacular happens).

Don't know, mate: seen a fair bit of him and, while, as you say, he's a good athelete, he has always relied a lot on his pace and strength compensating his biggest weakness, which is his positioning and anticipation. If he stays fit he certainly has a career in the game, even in the top flight, but I'd say he needs an injury free couple of years in the Championship first.

Don't know, mate: seen a fair bit of him and, while, as you say, he's a good athelete, he has always relied a lot on his pace and strength compensating his biggest weakness, which is his positioning and anticipation. If he stays fit he certainly has a career in the game, even in the top flight, but I'd say he needs an injury free couple of years in the Championship first.

I'm hoping a solid run of games over the course of a season will help him improve that. Hard to fully get proficient at that outside actual game time.

Question is does he become a squad player for us, or a starter in the Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.