Yellow cards for diving

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
1651244261801.png

This is a stat I wasn't aware of. How can one team have half of the total bookings for diving?

Looking at the clip, there are 2 obvious dives, but I have seen similar 100 times.

Why are we getting booked and no one else is?

Don't look at those stats alone.

Look at the stats in conjunction with others.

3 of our bookings for dives are against Liverpool. But put that with the fact Liverpool haven't had a penalty against them in 46 league games. Are you telling me that no Liverpool defender has committed a foul in the box (intent or not) in 46 games? Not a chance.

I don't know which the other 3 incidences are for us. But most of the refs don't want to give a dive as a booking because replays that may show otherwise will bring a backlash onto them.

Also needs to be considered whether its being done at home or away. Refs more likely to give a contentious decision or one with potential backlash to the home team.

It’s an extraordinary stat, especially when you consider that we barely made a foray into the opposition penalty box during Benitez’s entire tenure!

F9AD99B8-0DB6-41F2-9023-706D839D3E5C.png

Stats are great. We’ve also played most of the season counter attacking at pace so we’ve won more than our fair share of penalties as well the same as Palace with the likes of Zaha who is much better at knowing how to go down than young Gordon yet.

We are just not very good at it, Salah is like Chalie Chaplin playing on a bed of fairy liquid. One small touch and he doesnt dive but puts in a virtuoso performance. Last weeks penalty decision was a bottle job though. Not only from the referee but VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.