Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ly3v5mBP3I1qh5nx2o1_500.png

was top class for us, covered an unreal amount of ground, and managed to do enough work to cover up osman and neville when gibson wasn't fit, I'd have him back no problem at the right price

was top class for us, covered an unreal amount of ground, and managed to do enough work to cover up osman and neville when gibson wasn't fit, I'd have him back no problem at the right price
Osman is an actual footballer.

Could have Fellaini under the Trades Descriptions Act

Would prefer a more technical player.

Fellaini has his qualities and was great for us, but I think we could put the money to better use.

I hope he proves some doubters wrong next year though, think he was singled out unfairly by certain pundits almost immediately after signing.

All this "he's not a Manchester United player" rubbish. Still hasn't been given a chance IMO.

I doubt it. Would he even fit in now? We seem to be operating at the moment (primarily) as a fast interchange team utilising the wings and moving the ball across the park. The defence that can be vulnerable when using two wingbacks is shorn up with Barry and Macca dropping deep enough, fast enough to allow a CB to cover the space when necessary, and they both have the added ability to read the game and distribute the ball really well for the full 90 in every game. It may be that we lose Barry and need to cover that position if Gibbo is hit and miss, but even if that's the case I can't see Felli being able (or wanting) to pay that role to the extent that we would need him to, ie. be on it for 90 minutes week in week out. Otherwise he's kind of in Barkley's position off a striker if played in attack.
I thought he fulfilled a great role at the right time for us, really effective when playing with Cahill as a makeshift striker and pissing off defences but we've now got a better option there in Ross, but he wasn't happy when moved to a more defensive role. I think he's been given unfair stick at Man U. he was voted one of the ten worst buys of the season last year and its rare for a player to go from being that good to gash without say a massive injury, I just don't think he fitted in there either and at a time when they were in meltdown. I honestly hope he continues to play for a good side as I think he's still a good player, I just don't think he's for us anymore, and given how tight our budget is we've got areas that need more attention.

Felli was good for us in the Moyes stylee' of playing players out of position particularly shoved up front as a nuisance (and wig sales of course).

But as a Defensive Midfielder (as rumoured) he wasn't good at all. The early season Norwich game standing there with his finger up his hole as the lad walked through to score was abysmal and unfortunately not uncommon.

His lack of pace and concentration was exposed at OT and I really can't see how he'd fit in any top outfit now - which of course rules him out of Roberto's Goodison.

This thread.

Some of the things I've read:

'Would he fit in?'

'Id prefer a more technical player'

'Atrocious player'

Christ. Have you seen some of the utter drivel we've been linked with? Colback, Rodwell and up front I even saw Troy Deeney the other day.

When did we become so arsey?

I've stated my reasons why I wouldn't take him but to call him a and player is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.