Would you sign Welbeck? (rumoured to be wanting out of OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be even remotely surprised if, should we sign him, Martinez gets him slotting.

Give me the small pea over him any day though, to echo several posters in the thread already.

I don't have an issue with Welbeck beyond his terrible haircut and his worrying inconsistency. I'd take him for around £5m max as a gamble in the hope Martinez could get the best out of him, but he'd command a fee beyond that I'm afraid and he didn't do the business for Alex Ferguson, never mind David Moyes.

He's better than Hernandez imo, and would fit our system better. He's also currently better than Lukaku, and if he was given regular time up top, would be better than Sturridge. Strong, quick, good in the air, will stick if you play it into him, and he has flair to boot. Yes please Bobby.

Wouldn't take Welbeck, if he was anything other than English he wouldn't even be playing in the premier league.

Give me Chicharito.

Hmmmmm it's a no brainer for me about whether we take him or not if available, it's a massive yes from me.

How hard we would fight for him depends on where he is adamant he wants to play. If he was happy to be a wide forward, then I would go hell for leather to sign him. He's got good pace, defends from the front and stretches the play superbly. In that position you don't have to be prolific, and I'm sure he would contribute 10 goals whilst creating space for the likes of Barkley to run riot in.

If he wants to be a CF then I would struggle to justify spending more than 10mil on him. He's not prolific, scores goals he shouldn't but misses chances that are bread and butter to the top strikers around.

He's a good player though and would undoubtedly improve our squad.

Wellbeck is nowhere near as bad as people make it. His goalscoring record is low because he is always asked to play wide. I wouldnt want him as such but could understand why Martinez would sign him if he wanted to.

Hernandez im not convinced about at all. People seem to think he is great but he has never been a regular started for United and under 2 different managers now so maybe he isnt as good as people think he is.

I'd expect Welbeck to end up at Tottenham because of their ambition, which really translates as for more money. If we was already at us, or was cheap and on a decent but not amazing sized contract, I'd see enough potential in the guy to give him a shot. But the money he'd cost, I'd say no.

Very similar type of player to Naismith. Get's in good positions, can finish a ball but apart from that, there isn't much outstanding qualities.

Don't think he's a bad player, just not what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.