Worst Team of your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the worst LEFT back! Quite simply because he isn't one; if I averaged all our other past poor left backs' performances (Pistone, Valente), they'd probably average around a 5 or 6 out of ten. Whereas Coleman would have to be a 2 or 3. Like I said, not his fault, but it was the worst left back performance I've seen in my lifetime, hence his inclusion.

Working on same principles as our best team got me thinking of who the worst players i seen. I know these were all Blues abd supported them when they played but they were dreadful:-

GK Mucha

RB Tony Thomas
CB Carl Tiler
CB per Koldrup (only 1 game but was awful)
LB Neil Pointon

RW Mitch Ward
CM Claus Thompson
CM Stefan Rehn
LW Preki

CF Brett Angell
CF Bakayoko

Prob missed so many more but thoae just spring to mind

Pretty bad team but i would put Steve Simmonson in goal

Ian Turner should be in goal, will never forgive him for presenting Man U with a gift to turn the game round when we were 2 - 0 up.

Drew Brand
Tony Thomas
Marc Hottiger
Glen Keeley
Li Tie
Steven Hughes
Nyarko
Stefan Rehn
Claus Thomsen
Brett Angell
Mick Ferguson

subs
Paul Holmes
Per Kroldrup
Alan Ainscow
Terry Curran

Of the players I've actually seen playing for Everton, here's my team:

GK: Paul Gerrard - he was consistently poor, worse than Davies, Lawson, Myhre and Wright.
RB: Terry Darracott - to think that this clogger played in the same Everton team as legends like Kendall, Royle, Ball etc is heartbreaking.
LB: Alessandro Pistone - permanently injured, bad attitude, an expensive mistake by Walter Smith
CB: Carl Tiler - Howard Kendall swapped Graham Stuart for this player, which is proof that he'd lost the plot.
CB: Richard Dunne - a player who can't keep fit is quite simply a disgrace
MF: Niclas Alexandersson - what on earth persuaded Walter Smith to sign this talentless waste of space? Another sicknote.
MF: Mike Bernard - to see his big beer belly wobbling as he "ran" was sickening.
MF: Alex Nyarko - signed for a (then) huge fee and massive wages, to replace Don Hutchison, a far better player whom we let go for peanuts. Thanks again, Walter.
Forward: John Spencer - a talentless waster who was not fit to wear the shirt.
Forward: Bernie Wright - think of an unfit Straqularsi without the desire, effort or humility, but with extra clumsiness.
Forward: John Oster - quite simply, he had no redeeming features at all.

For the record, I didn't see Claus Thomsen or Brett Angell play for us. Also, there should be some kind of minimum number of appearances, it's not really fair to judge anyone on a single game. I'm sorry I can't include Jim Pearson, who was woefully bad.

I'm too young to remember really. Who were the best and worst left backs out of Naysmith, Valente and Pistone?

Status
Not open for further replies.