Win the league with David Moyes?

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by Toffee85, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toffee85

Toffee85 Player Valuation: Free Transfer

Reputations:
    Will we ever see our beloved Everton win another league title with David Moyes as manager? He said he aims to win the league every season, so if we get a good start next season and have the form we have had the past 4/5 months, would we be up there? I have high hopes of us next season, i don't think we'll win the title, i never do! But I think we have got a good chance of top 4 and a trophy for once! We've got a really good squad and with no players going out, Pienaar in and if somewhere we suddenly have money and bring in 2 or 3 players including a right winger, i think we've got a good chance of that! Anyone else think this? Or will it just be another Deja vu season..
  2. NewRadical

NewRadical Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    So he has failed in each season so far then...

(Sarcasm)
  3. Bigmaclad

Bigmaclad No mate

Reputations:
  4. RadioFriendlyUnitShifter

RadioFriendlyUnitShifter Anustart

Reputations:
    We'll all have our hopes up.

And of course Everton will be gash and we'll be in the bottom 5 or so around Christmas.

Then we'll all be down in the dumps.

But naturally, Everton will then be ace and we'll finish in the top 8.

Rinse, repeat.
  5. tommye

tommye has left the building Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    Look mate, no offence or anything but we're everton ffs. Can you stop, right now, with all that optimistic shizz. How very dare you come on here all bright and breezy with your optimistic outlook.
  6. NewRadical

NewRadical Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    Since the 2009 Cup final I think a lot of fans have lost faith in Moyes' Everton, whenever we look like we might be on the cusp of success the manager/team/both bottle it. They don't seem to be able to handle the expectation - even for the 7th place trophy. It's easier being the plucky underdogs.

I would really like to be wrong. Looks like we have a striker who can score from little so that should be of benefit to us next season.
  7. The Equaliser

The Equaliser Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    We won't be even challenging for many years to come until there is change in the boardroom. Better get used to it.
  8. Philw

Philw Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    With either Moyes in charge and/or BK as chairman, we will not win the league. Facht :(
  9. EFC Si

EFC Si Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    I'm sure moyes could win us the league if we had as much funding as city did. He really isn't the problem, we just don't have enough money.
  10. Philw

Philw Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    In the current climate? I doubt it. He doesn't get the best out of the players we currently have over a full season. Even if we had a squad as good as Man C or Man U, they would still come out on top imho.
  11. MoutsGoat

MoutsGoat Strapped Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    LAD DAT PAUL LAMBERT AND KK DREAM TEAM WOULD PEE IT LAD.
  12. Azzurri

Azzurri Player Valuation: £1m

Reputations:
    £££££££££££££££££££££££££
  13. AdamEFC

AdamEFC Player Valuation: £500k

Reputations:
    Next year is our year lads... Just need that missing piece and we will be champions!!!
  14. the esk

the esk Moderator Staff Member

Reputations:
    Sadly, as much as I would love it, we will never win the Premiership with Moyes. If we were to be taken over Moyes would be let go and a new manager installed - perhaps then, but not under the current ownership.
  15. meagher94

meagher94 Player Valuation: £750k

Reputations:
    The Premier League will be dominated by City & Utd for many years to come...
  16. Toffee85

Reputations:
    I'm just being optimistic really but we're playing good football at the moment and did again today and was robbed due to a t*** of a linesman and lee mason being his usual self!
    We can beat all the ''big teams'' at home and away on our day, we can beat anyone in the league! just really hope next seasons a good one, and we do what newcastle did this season but even better!
  17. Brennan

Brennan Sniff it. Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    The linesman and the ref were fine today.
  18. Toffee85

Reputations:
    That's funny, because I recall we had a perfectly fine Jelavic goal disallowed
  19. Brennan

Brennan Sniff it. Forum Supporter

Reputations:
    He was level and it's a split second decision, hardly the worst officiating i have ever seen.

We were hardly robbed, we had plenty of chances to put the ball in the back of the net and we didn't do it. It's not as if we had several contentious decisions against us.
  20. Bryan

Bryan Player Valuation: £1.5m

Reputations:

Owen Coyle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.