Wigan 0-1 Everton January 30th 3pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea had trouble with them, too. They appear to be designed with disruption in mind, hoping to pick up a scrap and make something out of it. They want it to be will over skill. Turns out Everton had just a tad more of both.

Exactly, we would have lost that game at any other time of the season.

It won't have escaped anyone's attention that were starting to keep clean sheets again which was the whole foundation of Moyes' work here. Although Wigan should have done better with a couple of efforts today, it was a first time pairing for Heitinga and Senderos.

We were below some of our recent efforts today which should temper the recent zany talk about finishing fourth and all that [Poor language removed], but we seem to have turned the corner although you won't get a better barometer than February.

Just finished watching the match on tape delay here in the USA.

Not a totally unexpected match. Funny how Wigan put themselves about in the middle of the park and really never gave our midfield much time on the ball. And geez, I lost track of how many times a 50/50 ball ended up being taken by Wigan. The ball was bouncing their way a lot today.

If I'm being honest, other than the penalty and disallowed goal, we were very lucky to come away with three points and Wigan always looked more like scoring than we did.

Hats off to Cahill. He just keeps on doing it. Senderos looked good and Howard did well. Nothing, and I mean nothing came off for Pienaar today but that happens from time to time. Saha continuing to get into dangerous areas and creating opportunities. Penalty not given but it happens.

Fellaini did ok. Donovan did ok. Osman did ok.

No one really stood out for me today. But hey, three points and thank goodness with what kind of schedule February looks like.

Just watched the game. We were 2nd best and still came out with 3pts. Its about time. In our defense we did get good Wigan today, and Good Wigan took apart Chelsea and Villa this season.

No player stood out for me, Cahill was MOM becasue of the wonderful header. He's had a nice couple of games. Baines had a very good game as well. Senderos looks like a decent addition, but my god is slower than paint drying, and needs to be partnered with somebody with more pace than Hetinga.

Martinez's tactics were spot on. Go wide with a 4-5-1 and attack from the wings preferably get after our left side where you could catch Baines and/or Peanut on the counterattack (Donovan tracks back a little better and doesn't get forward as much so I think that's why Peanut and Donovan were switched). Plus it kept Fellani from dominating the match like he has been doing lately. If Wigan had better finishers we would have been toast today. I hope other managers aren't as smart as Roberto b/c that was the blueprint to beating us.

Last edited:
ITS ON BLUES !!!! ITS ON
lets hope we can get February out of the way
Man utd , liverpool, chelsea , spurs, [lisbon europa]
to get anywhere in the top six id say six points is what
we need to achieve in them four games, rest of the season
after feb is looking sound lets hope form dosent drop if we
lose one or two out of the four its going to be hard but theres
nothing saying we cant do it COYB!!!!! great win yesterday wasnt
to happy about the way we played but on the night its the result
what matters and you can even argue we should of had a pen or two!
COYBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Strange format that text - is it the mountain we have to climb for 4th spot?

4th spot at the moment seems a bit over the top
its possible but not a very big chance, 6th spot
at the moment looks a bit far away considering
the games weve got coming up lets just hope we pick
up points and do sides in the top four ;)

cba reading the thread, but that scotland bloke was shocking, i was reading 'what the papers say' on the o.s.

some sunday rag said:
Instead they have the wretched Jason Scotland employed in their attack. Martinez raided his old club Swansea for the Trinidad international. I bet they could not believe their luck.

This is a guy who should be getting stopped at passport control for fraud when he claims his job is that of a Premier League striker.

A hitman with 20 top-flight games under his belt and no goals - he's robbing a living.

There is no doubting his hard work in keeping defender's occupied but if it's Premier League status a club wants, their strikers must be able to shoot straight from 15 yards.

Scotland failed to do that when Hugo Rodallega played him in behind the visiting defence in the first half, nervously lashing his shot off target instead.

And when James McCarthy's delightful trick gave him a sighting, again he predictably hammered his drive over. Two chances to be the hero but Wigan were left with zero out of this game.

ITS ON BLUES !!!! ITS ON
lets hope we can get February out of the way
Man utd , liverpool, chelsea , spurs, [lisbon europa]
to get anywhere in the top six id say six points is what
we need to achieve in them four games, rest of the season
after feb is looking sound lets hope form dosent drop if we
lose one or two out of the four its going to be hard but theres
nothing saying we cant do it COYB!!!!! great win yesterday wasnt
to happy about the way we played but on the night its the result
what matters and you can even argue we should of had a pen or two!
COYBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

That is amazing paragraph structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.