Who will finish 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have more talented players than 2005, but that team had more leaders.

4th was always a pipe dream, but we could still do it, it would depend on us doing something we haven't done in the league under Moyes, win away at the top sides.

It's this negative attitude which is one of the reasons why we kack ourselves every time we go to Anfield. The RS are deluded yes, but at least they have a bit of faith in their team (albeit rather blind).

please make a top 5 team win the FA Cup! If we finish 6th and get Europe. I'm happy and will happily go abroad to watch us!

It's this negative attitude which is one of the reasons why we kack ourselves every time we go to Anfield. The RS are deluded yes, but at least they have a bit of faith in their team (albeit rather blind).

Whether it be from the management or the players, there is a tendency to be negative against those deemed 'superior' opposition.

Agreed.
I don't think we will ever win at OT or Anfield with Moyes in charge. Last season, Moyes was brave and attacked at OT, we came away with 4-4.
I would like to see Neville play RB and put Jags/Distin CBs.

well, today again showed us that ball really is round. anything can happend. usually we tend to play better against tougher opponents, that is a bit weird but commonly know phenomenon among sports generally and in seal mating rituals too.

I always thought we were gonna finish 4th, not because we are great, but our rivals has even more flaws. The difference between arsenal and spurs & everton is we have a bit more fire power. we have Walcott, podolski and Giroud who has scored goals 45 goals in all competitions so far this season. Yes we have poor defense, but its not like Spurs or Everton has better defense, only difference is our defense get far more criticism. Everton is the team who has the most consistent general play, but your finishing is letting you down big time. Spurs are even bigger bottlers than us, so i never worry about those losers

Emirates/Highbury - 1 win in the last ten years
Anfield - 1 win in the last ten years
Chelsea - Haven't won there in the last decade
Old Trafford - 1 win in the last ten years

Lets not pretend that Spurs are some kind of marauding away team, they're not. On the other hand we beat United and Spurs at home, drew with Arsenal and drew with Liverpool, and were unlucky against Chelsea. We also drew with City at the Etihad, which is no mean feat.

They're not doing much better against the big sides than we are.

Good point, this season we havent really been outplayed, we've got a great team when it's fit so it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could get results away at the big teams

It isn't over until it's over, the way people are talking you'd think today was the penultimate game of the season that we had to win to get 4th. I know it's frustrating and I know not winning the easier games just makes our job harder further down the line but the fact remains that we are only 1 point off 4th with 12 games left to play. I'm not saying we will get it, I'm just saying that we are equal to Spurs and Arsenal when everything is taken into account (what they have in resources we make up for it with fight and we are all prone to bottling), we all have as good a chance as each other at finishing 4th. People forget that we've overturned bigger point and position differences in previous seasons, who's to say we can't do it this time?

Fixtures, mate!

United (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Arsenal (Away)
Spurs (Away)
Liverpool (Away)
City (Home)

I believe no other team fighting for 4th has a fixture list like the above! Plus, Moyes simply does not do well away from home! In fact, I can't remember the last time he won an away game against the top 6 in the league! If you consider this along with the tendency to drop silly points at home then it doesn't bode well. If these fixtures were at Goodison then there'd be a realistic chance, but that's not the case.

Last edited:
Fixtures, mate!

United (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Arsenal (Away)
Spurs (Away)
Liverpool (Away)
City (Home)

I believe no other team fighting for 4th has a fixture list like the above! Plus, Moyes simply does not do well away from home! In fact, I can't remember the last time he won an away game against the top 6! If you consider this along with the tendency to drop silly points at home then it doesn't bode well. If these fixtures were at Goodison then there'd be a realistic chance, but that's not the case.

Moyes has a boss record against these.....

Fixtures, mate!

United (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Arsenal (Away)
Spurs (Away)
Liverpool (Away)
City (Home)

I believe no other team fighting for 4th has a fixture list like the above! Plus, Moyes simply does not do well away from home! In fact, I can't remember the last time he won an away game against the top 6! If you consider this along with the tendency to drop silly points at home then it doesn't bode well. If these fixtures were at Goodison then there'd be a realistic chance, but that's not the case.

We won four games in a row at eastlands didn't we? And I remember us winning at white hart lane not long ago.

We won four games in a row at eastlands didn't we? And I remember us winning at white hart lane not long ago.

The City from 2-3 years ago is a different kettle of fish to the City now. Virtually impossible to beat them at home in the league these days. Only United have done it this season and they were really lucky in that game! Also, Spurs are a lot better than they were before too........

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.