Who is upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedeblue

Player Valuation: £500k
Iv just read the piece on Saha great reading, so it leaves the question Who should we start up front with and do we start with the Yak on saturday and were does jo now fit in.:oops:

Yak isn't ready yet, he'll be worked in slowly which is only natural considering his injury.

Saha will be the main man at the moment with Jo backing him up. We've got enough games to give all three of them games.

Options, options lovely options.

If you asked me this before Yak got injured it would be Yak all day for me, but given his injury, fitness and the fact that Saha is playing like a beast at the moment, I would say Saha is number1, at least untill Yak gets back firing, but if they both can get fit and stay fit, we will have 2 world class strikers, with Jo in reserve who aint too shabby himself on his day.

The main word is fitness, we have such a talented squad and so many great options, but only when everybody is fully fit.

Options, options lovely options.

If you asked me this before Yak got injured it would be Yak all day for me, but given his injury, fitness and the fact that Saha is playing like a beast at the moment, I would say Saha is number1, at least untill Yak gets back firing, but if they both can get fit and stay fit, we will have 2 world class strikers, with Jo in reserve who aint too shabby himself on his day.

The main word is fitness, we have such a talented squad and so many great options, but only when everybody is fully fit.

I agree with Goat.......:D

Unless Saha is injured, he would be starting tomorrow because he is suspended next Thursday match in the Europa League.

If we are starting two upfront it could be Saha and Yakubu upfront and expect Jo coming on for the Yaks around 60 mins mark.

It's great having competition for places upfront. I remember the days when our striking options were players like Joe Max-Moore. Now we have three quality strikers who no if they don't perform, there out. You also have Cahill there who can operate as an emergency striker.

The competition will put a firework up Jo's backside to which he needed. He has improved in the last few weeks

Moyesy drops a massive hint:

DAVID MOYES has admitted it could be up to six months before Yakubu fully regains fitness from his serious Achilles injury.

The Nigerian returned to goalscoring form on Wednesday with the opener in Everton’s 4-0 Carling Cup victory at Hull City.

It was the striker’s first start since rupturing his Achilles at Tottenham Hotspur last November having previously made three substitute appearances after making his comeback to the first-team fold last month.

Yakubu was substituted at half-time in midweek after complaining of a slight thigh strain that could keep him out of today’s Premier League visit to former club Portsmouth.

And Moyes believes it will take time for the Nigeria international to get back to peak condition after such a major injury.

“Yak is fit, but not back to the level where he was before the injury,” said the Everton manager. “When you have had a ruptured Achilles, a serious injury, the nine months out was the healing part of it.

“It might take five or six months for Yak to get back to his where he wants to be. If you’ve had a serious injury like he has, then it takes a lot longer to get over it.

“Is he back in and around the squad and bale to do bits of games? Yes, he is.

“If you can get the ball to Yak in the box we know his history of scoring goals. But maybe the team at the moment is not ready for that, we need a centre forward to contribute more in other ways.

“That’s why we need Yak to get more games and more playing time. But if there’s somebody you want the ball to fall to in the box, it’s Yak.”

Status
Not open for further replies.