Which Everton player have you played against?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a peno against Nev in Pwwlelli about 5 years, and obviously played with a couple of the younger lads when I was with Everton. My cousin's in a five a side team with Dave Unsworth. Apparently he just shoots every time he gets it.

Went to college with former Lancashire wicket keeper Warren Hegg. He used to sit behind me in sociology, a good lad and a laugh.

No Everton players though.

Scored a penalty with Paul Merson watching. Playing against his brothers team down in my London days. Then back to the clubhouse for a coke.

Well, you guys are priviledged for living in a proper footballing city.

My one and only relatable shout was when i came up against John Carew when playing as a goalie. I was a kid in a random tournament. He played for a team in a much higher age group (they were 82's, we were 85's) and he was even older than them (think he's born in 80!) - he was already a beast. We lost by spectacular margin.

In a Cheshire Cup Match against a team from Ellesmere Port and i had the pleasure of playing against "The Cannonball Kid Himself" ...Dave Hickson...god bless ..

....played against a few. First I remember was Ian Atkins (I think that's his name) the utility player from our 87 Championship team. I played against him at Villa Park in about 1971. Interesting point about Dave Hickson - he actually asked me to play in his 'All Star' team in the late 70s/early 80s. It was great because I was on the same team as the likes of Derek Temple who I'd seen slot the winner at Wembley in '66.
I've been fortunate to play at a number of top grounds against decent lads. Long time ago unfortunately.

In the early 60s I played (badly) for Silcocks in the old Shipping League, at their Watts Lane ground(now owned by the council). In those days lots of the players lived in the Formby/Maghull area and I played with the likes of Jimmy Gabriel, Tony Kay, and RS such as St John, Jimmy Harrower and others. Once hit the bar from a Tony Kay cross and he said 'should have buried it'...he was right. I played on the wing and Kay used to feed incredible balls inside the full back which I could never read/catch. His response was always Stan Matthews is playing for us...the grand old man of football( I was about 20 !!) In those days Gabriel and Alex Young used to drink at the Catholic Club at the Old Roan(St Philomenas ?)....In the gents once and Gabriel said to me...'whats it like having a piss with a Scottish International?'
The sort of memories that stick with you forever !!!

Alex Parker was a family friend - so no football etc etc - but he did make us a coffin for our dog (he was a carpenter).

played in a cup finalat vauxhall motors,in the same team aas jimmy harris,also in that team was a 42yr old ernie taylor and what a great player he was....we lost the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.