Where they’re from;

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I vaguely remember a story of Joseph Yobo’s brother being kidnapped. These pics are from his birthplace, Kono;

E0036830-8ECC-42D3-AD29-069E93D5DA49.jpeg
31FCD82D-EB0B-485A-B5D4-50FE4A314393.jpeg

Last edited:
Djibril Sidibe is from Troyes, which I'm now desperate to go to:

View attachment 70513
View attachment 70514
Been there on a holiday where we drove around France for 3 weeks - what a find! Absolutely beautiful, couldn't believe how nice it was for a place I'd never really heard of before going. Like something from a fairy tale!

Dunno what the local ASDA situation was like though.

Been to the capital of Senegal - Dakar. It was called French West Africa when I was there (1957), Remember being quite impressed with it. Wide streets (Avenues) with trees down both sides.

...sounds colonial French, I suppose it’s similar to parts of India being British. When I hear of Senegal, I think of The Goree which I understand is an island of that coast which lends its name to part of the Dock Rd in Liverpool.

...sounds colonial French, I suppose it’s similar to parts of India being British. When I hear of Senegal, I think of The Goree which I understand is an island of that coast which lends its name to part of the Dock Rd in Liverpool.
Think I may have posted this somewhere else but Dakar was where our troopship stopped on the way back to Southampton. We were supposed to play a football match against the French Foreign Legion who had a fort just outside Dakar, but it got cancelled. Never found out why but I was mega disappointed for a long time as I was centre-half and captain of the troopship team!

Think I may have posted this somewhere else but Dakar was where our troopship stopped on the way back to Southampton. We were supposed to play a football match against the French Foreign Legion who had a fort just outside Dakar, but it got cancelled. Never found out why but I was mega disappointed for a long time as I was centre-half and captain of the troopship team!

...wow, amazing stuff and great memory despite the postponement. I was 1 in 1957, the furthest I’d been was probably New Brighton on the ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.