Where do you seriously expect us to finish this year?

Where do you seriously expect us to finish this year?

• 6th or higher

• 8th-9th

• 10th-11th

• 12th-13th

• 14th-15th

• 16th-17th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't we ? It's not like we have other cup competitions to worry about now? We will have two games a week at most. We need to get the win against Young Boys to improve our confidence and hopefully spark our attacking play for the rest of the league campaign. I say we go as hard as we can to win the Europa.
I can almost see the headline right now, Everton smite young boys and will take them home next week to finish the job =D

I think 12th- 13th, there is a bit of a split now in the league, there are 6 points between us in 12th and Stoke in 10th. I can't honestly see us winning 3 games in a row and Stoke, Swansea and Newcastle all losing 3 games in a row, for us to leap frog them

Does it really matter?

A lot of us were saying that this season was a transitional period with Barkley second season and besic coming in whilst phasing out the older players.

What id be happy with is a mid table finish and;
Stones / besic / mccarthy/barkley/lukaku being the first 5 names on the teamsheet to develop a long term spine.

Id also like to see the older players phased out and gone in summer as well as some of the younger guys given some time so see if they are at tbe right level for next season.

Then id like to see some dramatic changes in the summer.

At the end of the day, PL wise, I think we all just want to see the back of this season. The only real positives have been Europa (thus far), the emergence of Steven Naismith as our most vital cog, and that Bobby finally convinced him to extend his contract with us. I really look forward to seeing Naisy weave his 'number 10' artistry with us for 3 more seasons.

This is only my opinion
But I think we will finish 9/10th
Predictions never work out but I think we will end up with 48 points which on average in the last 5 years has been 9/10th
Games left
Home Points Away Points
Leicester 3 Arsenal 0
Newcastle 3 Stoke 0
Southampton 0 QPR 1
Burnley 3 Swansea 3
Man U 1 A Villa 3 (Send them down)
Sunderland 3 West Ham 1
Spurs 0 (They qualify for CL ahead of Arsenal)

Once we get to 40 points I would like to see some of the future - (Garbutt Galloway Browning even Henin given a chance in the league )

Teams on a par last year
maybe
Southampton
- play the same way as Bobby wants us to, but are better at it (get the ball forward quicker full stop. on paper we should be better)
Spurs - have come good and Harry Kane and Erikson have made a massive difference this season , form has been very good since Europa on hold, ours simply hasn't (Barkley/Barry Lukaku )
RS - the likes of Sterling and Henderson have come on (as above)
Man U A blip (money)

The likes of West Ham/Stoke/Newcastle/Swansea (we should be above these)
This season too many players (have been found out/gone of the boil (or tactics maybe?) but never the less have under achieved, Howard Coleman Distin Barry Barkley Mirallas Lukaku the main culprits.
when was the last time any of them had a really good game?

As for Europa league I hope we keep going cause I love these trips
COYB

As much as I'm not particularly fussed about Europa League next year, I can see the benefits and disadvantages I think it is important to some of our players. Unfortunately that would probably mean catching Southampton and I can't see that.

I think 12th- 13th, there is a bit of a split now in the league, there are 6 points between us in 12th and Stoke in 10th. I can't honestly see us winning 3 games in a row and Stoke, Swansea and Newcastle all losing 3 games in a row, for us to leap frog them
I can. Those teams are easily capable of that and we've had a hard start to the 2nd half of the season in fixture terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.