What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

• Transfer Deadline Day 2013

• 1-0 Chelsea

• ManUtd 0-1

• 3-0 Arsenal

• 2-0 ManUtd

• Signing Lukaku permanently (+ Barkley contract)

• 4-1 Wolfsburg

• Liverpool 1-1

• Wolfsburg 0-2

• "Money can't buy everything"

• 3-1 Chelsea

• 2-0 Chelsea

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
United away or Arsenal Home.
Both games are what I want to see from an Everton side.
I really hoped we had turned a corner after that season, but alas, same old same old.

Robles with no cover intentionally letting shots go between his hands and just using his nose for shot-stopping. 'Bring it on' he seemed to be saying to them...unfortunately, they did...

I voted the 1-0 Chelsea we should not have won that game but we fought for every ball every player gave %100 great team spirit think was Barry's first game

didn't we beat United 2-0 and Arsenal 3-0 within a couple weeks. That was the best period of being an Evertonian for me. Really felt special, like we were going somewhere. Remember Martin Samuel writing about how the loan players will leave and we'll drop off. He got half right tbf.

Very personal one this. Took redundancy from my previous job in March 2014. Decided to use some of the money to do some special things. So went on a lovely holiday with the family, paid for a meet and greet with The Boomtown Rats (OMG!!) and then Everton qualified for Europe. So I ticked off a bucket list item and went to see Everton away in Europe,we went to the Young Boys game. It was awesome, loved every minute of it. That's my favourite.

Highlights for me personally were the 3-0 Arse game, 0-1 Utd game, both Wolfsburg ties & the whole Lukaku signing saga. Good times.

Oh, and the 'Bring Me Sunshine' Christmas vid was also boss.

(Not including his dismissal)

Go on then, sing your requiem. Vent your disappointment in another thread.

I voted for the 4-1 victory over Wolfsburg. Never have I seen such misleading statistics, we were better than them in every department. Their left back-was head and shoulders above his team-mates and even he got outplayed by his opposite number. I wander if there are Wolfsburg fans peering at the league table from afar and wondering: how on earth are they seven places below United?

Surely Howard was our Man of the Match.

So were the statistics really misleading? Didn't they in fact reveal the flaws that would lead to Roberto's departure?

Home Team Everton Away Team VfL Wolfsburg
Possession Home 49% Away 51%
Shots Home 12 Away 27
Shots on Target Home 7 Away 13
Corners Home 1 Away 8
Fouls Home 11 Away 7

And some fans expressed their doubts on the night too; Join the debate at #bbcfootball
Aled Northcott: Is it just me or does this scoreline completely flatter Everton tonight?

John Pierce: We been battered in the 2nd half. Work to do defensively for Everton.

Gareth, from Exeter via text: How many 3-0 wins do you get where the keeper is a genuine shout for man of the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.