weird things that happened during the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Sharpy getting sent off against us for Oldham (he scored against us that game too). But most of the gwladys had no idea what happened because it was down by the park end and nobody cheered. People were looking around and asking each other if he had been sent off or was injured, or what

That clown with the hand cuffs against Man City was the madest thing.

Who remembers a dog running around the pitch against Spurs about 10 years ago? (Maybe the same game that Ginola scored that freak goal from the Bullens side)

Also ive seen a few bats at Goodison as well, they live under the main stand, that is why it hasnt been demolished!!!

Was going to say the bloke chaining himself to a goalpost.

Funny thing about it though was everyone just sort of brushed it off with 'how odd' and the rest of the game actually outshone the incident, didnt really affect us at all.

That fella running on and offering to swap shirts with Nyarko has to be up there with the most mental things ever.
and yet i can never find it on youtube!

My weirdest was having an argument with Pistone WHILE the game was going on

Streakers on the pitch in the seventies, but some of our football was so bad that there was often more on the pitch than in the stadium.

The incident with Dzeko in the City game last season when he went down but the referee wasn't buying it and refused to let the physio on. We were in the Park End so couldn't really see what was happening. It seemed to go on for ages and I was the only person getting agitated while everyone around me was completely patient and not arsed. It was surreal

The incident with Dzeko in the City game last season when he went down but the referee wasn't buying it and refused to let the physio on. We were in the Park End so couldn't really see what was happening. It seemed to go on for ages and I was the only person getting agitated while everyone around me was completely patient and not arsed. It was surreal

I was in the Bullens, EVERYONE around me was going bananas! So much for us letting ourselves get beat eh? In fact the whole atmosphere of that City game was surreal. I could of course never want us to lose, but once the final whistle did go, it was about as not arsed as Ive ever been after losing a close game like that.

In a similar vein to the Dzeko thing, the clash between Lloris and Lukaku against Spurs last season. From the ref allowing Lloris to carry on playing despite being knocked unconscious, Lukaku going off with a knee injury, and then him getting booked! Farcical situation all round.

Big Nev coming out 5 minutes before the rest of the team and sitting down against the park end goalpost against Leeds was the strangest thing I've seen. The most ridiculous was the ejection of the grim reaper at the Utd game last season, a sense of humour is no longer tolerated apparently. Oh, and the raining down of cushions from the main stand in the seventies and early eighties to express disapproval was a sight to behold.

Who remembers a dog running around the pitch against Spurs about 10 years ago? (Maybe the same game that Ginola scored that freak goal from the Bullens side)

Also ive seen a few bats at Goodison as well, they live under the main stand, that is why it hasnt been demolished!!!

I remember the dog vaguely and seen a few bats floating about, thought they were birds really.

In the 1997/98 derby at Goodison, a young lad ran on the pitch at the end and was dodging in and out of stewards who were falling over themselves trying to catch him, after a few minutes of this lad taking the p, a police man grabbed him and trudged off. Every time he dodged a steward the crowd shouted "wheeeyyy"

Think Unsworth caught that dog didn't he?

I might have got this story mixed up but I think it was Gravesen who was warming up at half time against Metali Kharki (or whatever they were called) and smacked a pigeon with the ball. The bird just sat on the pitch looking stunned for about 10 mins of the second half before eventually flying away

Status
Not open for further replies.