We don't need to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we need to strengthen but we also know we have Bill Kenwright in charge. This is exactly why I thought we needed to win all the games over Christmas, to have a few points as a cushion against being Everton.

It's not the point though. Why not show some ambition and spend the money that they claim is definitely there.

IF Lukaku is done for a few months, and this new lad doesn't set the world a light we're looking to Naismith to lead our line. You can't possibly think that's good enough?

i dont mate but ive resigned myself to the future that the last few years have shown us. trying to be positive in light of it. obviously understand the concerns, just saying that its not like our season is over, we SHOULD be aimin for better u lads are right. i just dont see it under the present conditions (i.e kenwright)

It really hits home when you think that we have no fit strikers at the club, and that we don't actually own any strikers who have a realistic chance of playing this season. Our best striking option is a loanee who may not even be fit for a few weeks.

How has the club been allowed to get into this position ? It's absolutely bonkers.

Truthfully, if we had bought Lukaku, it'd be just as bad, in fact much worse since we'd have blown that money, and couldn't get a replacement now.

At the rate strikers have performed for Everton since the days of Radzinski, it's hard to get excited about paying top dollar for a proven striker.

You aren't always going to be able to recoup your cost a la Jelavic or Anichebe.

Maybe loans are the way to go right now in that department. Don't know if there is a wrong answer on this.

I agree new blood could help us

Don't see us finishing above a Liverpool side with Suarez/Sturridge and a Utd side with Mata/RVP/Rooney

Correct...those two teams have serious striking firepower...and scoring is what it's all about (as the randy bishop said to the actress).

I dont feel let down...I'm just bloody used to it at this stage...4-0... 10-0.......111'750-0...it dont matter.I'l be back next weekend and wont we all.As Evertonian's It's a hard pill to swallow but we march on...we always do.

I am out of town and will NOT be taking in any football this weekend. Need a break.

we as evertonians let Kenwright get away with this though, we shot down the Blue Union when that was the perfect time to have jumped on board and mounted and maintained the pressure on the board to sell up. We as Evertonians deserve everything Kenwright does lets be honest.

Its like complaining that your wife cheats on you every Saturday night yet staying married to her

Well that's Saturday night absences accounted for, what's she up to the other six nights of the week I never see her? Hmmm...you've got me thinking something's up...up her!!!

Makes the selling of Jelavic and the signing of an unfit striker all the more fn annoying, but thats Everton GRRRRRRRRR.

This has been coming for a while to be fair. When was the last game we played really well in the League? We were just as bad at West Brom.

Similar to last year. Ran out of gas after the Xmas/New Year period and gave up on Europe places. Same reasons too. This PL comp needs a squad with depth, not in numbers alone but quality of numbers. It's an expensive game to be in and you need a sugar daddy.

I don't understand why Vellios is ignored - by the coaching staff and us supporters. At least he hasn't been through a goal drought in the firsts.

He must get a chance now, surely, unless Traore does a 'Jelavic' for the rest of the season and doesn't get injured.

Using Barkley behind Mirallas and/or Naismith with McGeady on the right is another option that could be looked at if Traore doesn't shape up

Gotta try something, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.