We Don't Forget Referees !

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngblue66

Player Valuation: £750k
Gordon Lee certainly doesn't and Clive Thomas' decision against Bryan Hamilton is still remembered after more than 30 years. Thomas' excuse was that 'an infringement occurred'. Gordon blames the fact that the cameras were there and he was one of the first 'celebrity referees'.
Pierluigi Collina was talking about 'that disallowed goal' on Sky recently and his reason was that 'I've seen something that probably television didn't show'.
It took Graham Poll 10 years or more to admit he had made a mistake in disallowing Don Hutchinson's winner in the Derby match, originally stating he had already blown the full time whistle.
Was there more?
It doesn't matter does it because these things even themselves out don't they?
De Do Doh Don't De Doh?
Yeh, right!

Last edited:
In no way am I defending him, as I was on the goal line that night and we DEFFO won the game, but seeing as we're all fair minded blues, of the refs mentioned at least Poll had the balls to admit his mistake.

None of the others have.

Gordon Lee certainly doesn't and Clive Thomas' decision against Byan Hamilton is still remembered after more than 30 years. Thomas' excuse was that 'an infringement occurred'. Gordon blames the fact that the cameras were there and he was one of the first 'celebrity referees'.
Pierluigi Collina was talking about 'that disallowed goal' on Sky recently and his reason was that 'I've seen something that probably television didn't show'.
It took Graham Poll 10 years or more to admit he had made a mistake in disallowing Don Hutchinson's winner in the Derby match, originally stating he had already blown the full time whistle.
Was there more?
It doesn't matter does it because these things even themselves out don't they?
De Do Doh Don't De Doh?
Yeh, right!

...heard Poll on the radio after he retired talking about his first game at Old Trafford. It was against Everton and he said we had a blatant, stonewall penalty that for some reason he didn't give. He said an Everton player got down his ear as the game continued, he knew he was wrong but that's what happens at OT. Amazing admission.

yeh - that's the first one I did - youtube blocked the sound track for some reason - I re-did it in HD

Status
Not open for further replies.