2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only player with the courage to play forward passes. Does give the ball away but should be playing every home game against the bottom ten clubs with us only playing 1 defensive mid. Absolute joke lining up with two defensive mids yesterday when West Brom don’t have the players to play the pressing game!

He's so bad.

Beyond thankful for his goals this season as without we'd be in trouble. However, I'm so sick of all these Hollywood passes he tries and the amount of times he loses it.

As I have said before, he will make lots of those sickening holywood passes from a deep midfield position. He also doesn't mark, tackle, or intercept well enough to be a half decent central/holding midfielder.

He's a slow forward/attacking midfielder who creates chances and goals. If there is no role for such a player in the squad, then he should be dropped rather than shoehorned into a deep central midfield role.

Actually I was about to congratulate you guys for exciting days ahead in my opinion, now that Rooney has experienced quality players with the same wavelength like Theo, Tosun and Gylfi to work with in the final third. That was before I read the news about Allardyce saying that Gylfi and Rooney can't play together...oh well..

Allardyce said that the team need more legs and pace in midfield, and covering ground is not their strength, so he will decide to play one or the other. I thought Gylfi was one of the players who covered the most distance in EPL last season according to this:

https://www.[Publication is blackli...t-distance-in-the-premier-league-this-season/

I understand the shout for pacey wingers and for Gylfi to move central behind the striker, although I don't see much of a playmaker or second striker in him, but why not play him behind Rooney in central midfield, instead of the other way around? Gylfi will cover the ground beside Gana, and the team can still use his set piece prowess.

Rooney in the final third on the other hand, will make lots of bad passes, and lose the ball often, but will also create chances and goals like nobody else in the team can. He's a forward/attacking mid mates, or a has been if you like, but never a decent central/holding midfielder.

I'd be starting him in the middle with Gana against lesser teams. He's one of the few players attempted to take risks rather than side ways passing.

I'd be starting him in the middle with Gana against lesser teams. He's one of the few players attempted to take risks rather than side ways passing.

Its tough this, because apparently, or 'he says' that he's better if he plays regularly, but we don't want to play him every week. It's a romantic idea that he would come and play really well and win something with us, but I don't understand where he fits in any more

The only thing I can think of is if it's 4-5-1

and the 5 are

Lookman - Davies - Rooney - Gana - Bolasie

AND if Holgate has a fast partner

Rooney is being accommodated in a team where we are already carrying Williams or Jags, Baines or Martina Gylfi on the left and Schneiderlin. If he was the ONLY passenger in a team we'd be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.