Match Thread Watford v Everton Sat 24th Feb 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will grind out a win but I can see Richarlison scoring for them. He always causes us problems. Would like to see him in our colours come summer but I think he will be heading somewhere else come summer.

We'd be daft to line up more defensively for this given Watford aren't strangers to conceding goals, but I fear that's just what Allardyce will do regardless..

Either way, this would be my team:

Pickford

Kenny - Holgate - Williams - Martina

Gueye - Rooney - Davies
Walcott--------------------------Sigurdsson

Niasse

^ This is more or less the team that's been winning us points in recent times and we need to stick with it. Niasse should be retaining his place as long as he's performing and I'd keep the likes of Coleman, Funes Mori & Baines out of the squad for another week.

Any word on Baines and Mori being fit to play?
Baines AFAIK hasn't partaken in any u23 games but you'd assume has been 'fully fit' for several weeks and the camp in Dubai will have done him no end of good. Mori has been in two u23 games and is in full training and has the Dubai week behind him. At least one of them should be in contention. It won't happen, but he really should be starting, because only Holgate of our centre halves has not embarrassed himself on a regular basis. Mori should now have his chance to make the position his own.

Still feel it'll be Coleman Keane Williams Martina though, such is Everton.

Team should be:
Pickford - Coleman - Holgate - Mori - Baines - Gueye - Rooney - Davies - Walnut - Sigurdsson - Niasse

But it won't be.

Baines AFAIK hasn't partaken in any u23 games but you'd assume has been 'fully fit' for several weeks and the camp in Dubai will have done him no end of good. Mori has been in two u23 games and is in full training and has the Dubai week behind him. At least one of them should be in contention. It won't happen, but he really should be starting, because only Holgate of our centre halves has not embarrassed himself on a regular basis. Mori should now have his chance to make the position his own.

Still feel it'll be Coleman Keane Williams Martina though, such is Everton.

Team should be:
Pickford - Coleman - Holgate - Mori - Baines - Gueye - Rooney - Davies - Walnut - Sigurdsson - Niasse

But it won't be.

That's the team I'd like yo see as well, even though Martina has been OK recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.