Vaughan loan....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played him up top with Yak on Saturday....

He's also got Bily and Ossie to put on the wing if needs be.

For about 5 minutes, and then he swapped with Donovan.

He barely ever plays upfront, the last time he started upfront was against Macclesfield in the cup. He's clearly seen as a winger now.

Could probably be better if we send the Yak out on loan. Don't think he's going to do anything special for us this season.

Please mr. Yakubu let me eat those words during the remaining games.

Not by you Dave, thankfully.

Shocking really, I mean, we should be grateful that teams want to give our young lads some game time. This must surely be buttons we are talking as well.

Great Blue is Bill.

Be a good move for young James as well. He aint gonna play much with Yak and Saha ahead of him.

Billy Davies was kneed in the leg by Nigel Clough the other day. Everton look like they're trying to kick the pair of them in the bollocks. :oops:

What is making me believe this is just another page filler is why would we keep Vaughan 5 years of injury to sell him when he gets fit?

Surely if he was going to go, he would have by now, Moyes has stated his desire to keep Vaughany at the club in the past. In my opinion, Vaughan was left out at the weekend due to the crunching tackles that were expecting to be put in, hes hardly the player to back out of a tackle, especially in a derby match which would have either ended up him seeing red or breaking down.

I could be wrong but I get the sense Moyes really likes Vaughan. He's pretty useful to have as an impact sub. He's aggressive and a willing runner. His energy can provide a spark for the team even when he's not scoring goals.

I thought Vaughan had played some of his best stuff since coming back this time - a few goals with little playing time (admittedly 1 and another offiside against Carlisle) - but i thought he had looked promising. Vic had that great run in Europe but the injury may have taken its toll - i guess Moysey sees them in training every day

I'd rather keep Vaughan and let Vic go, but obviously Moyes sees it the other way round judging by Saturday's squad selection.

Don't know what it is, but I have never disliked an Everton player as much as I dislike Vic, probably since the Finch Farm fiasco last season.

What is making me believe this is just another page filler is why would we keep Vaughan 5 years of injury to sell him when he gets fit?

Surely if he was going to go, he would have by now, Moyes has stated his desire to keep Vaughany at the club in the past. In my opinion, Vaughan was left out at the weekend due to the crunching tackles that were expecting to be put in, hes hardly the player to back out of a tackle, especially in a derby match which would have either ended up him seeing red or breaking down.
nailed it, thankyou

I thought Vaughan had played some of his best stuff since coming back this time - a few goals with little playing time (admittedly 1 and another offiside against Carlisle) - but i thought he had looked promising. Vic had that great run in Europe but the injury may have taken its toll - i guess Moysey sees them in training every day

They have different styles, so I think there's a use for both of them as squad players this season. It's just a matter of whether the short-term benefit outweighs the long-term benefit a loan and regular first-team action would have.

Because you can't sell him when he's injured. If he was left out for protection, the same should have applied to Arteta - we can less afford to lose him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.