VAR

Anybody know where we are in the league of crap VAR decisions this season, we’ve gotta be near the top.
Overturns: 5
Leading to goals for: 0
Disallowed goals for: 1
Leading to goals against: 2
Disallowed goals against: 2
Net goal score: -1
Subjective decisions for: 1
Subjective decisions against: 2
Net subjective score: -1
Penalties for / against: 0 / 2

VAR - MOST IN FAVOUR​

Game: Arsenal (H; Sept. 17)
Incident: Gabriel Martinelli goal disallowed for offside against Eddie Nketiah, 19 minutes - FOR

Game: Liverpool (A; Oct. 21)
Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Mohamed Salah) for handball by Michael Keane, 72 minutes - AGAINST

Game: Brighton (H; Nov. 4)
Incident: Lewis Dunk goal disallowed for offside, 14 minutes - FOR

Game: Man United (H; Nov. 26)
Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Marcus Rashford) for a foul by Ashley Young on Anthony Martial, 52 minutes - AGAINST

Game: Tottenham (A; Dec. 23)
Incident: Dominic Calvert-Lewin goal disallowed for a foul in the buildup by André Gomes on Emerson Royal, 50 minutes - AGAINST

Suarez did that about three times in a derby and I don't he was even booked. Proper nasty deliberate career ending tackles. Not to mention Kuyt/Carragher/Gerrard. I try not to be bitter about this stuff but I could fill a book with genuine grievances.
Mirallas who was in the best form of his Everton life he put out for a couple of months then raked Distin I think.

VAR - MOST IN FAVOUR​

Incident: Gabriel Martinelli goal disallowed for offside against Eddie Nketiah, 19 minutes - FOR

Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Mohamed Salah) for handball by Michael Keane, 72 minutes - AGAINST

Incident: Penalty awarded (scored by Marcus Rashford) for a foul by Ashley Young on Anthony Martial, 52 minutes - AGAINST

Incident: Dominic Calvert-Lewin goal disallowed for a foul in the buildup by André Gomes on Emerson Royal, 50 minutes - AGAINST

So are 2 for’s are basically offsides which are black or white

Mirallas who was in the best form of his Everton life he put out for a couple of months then raked Distin I think.
Yes same game, mirallas was destroying their right back and was out of for about 3 months , mad how Suarez never got a red card for Liverpool, but got banned twice I think one for biting and I’m sure he got another ban for something else

VAR - MOST IN FAVOUR​

Man city penalty?

That's changed.

So, if I control the ball when my teamate is offside, and keep control of it until he gets onside in one movement, then play it through, he still offside?

Why do they change things that don't need changing.
No - he only becomes offside when the ball is played to him and he's in an offside position.
This was more about the timing for when a player is offside - i.e. at what point is the pass played and is the player who receives it offside when the pass is played. The rule seem to imply that the first touch to play the pass is material whereas I think it should be when the ball leaves his foot. Split seconds I know but it does make a difference.