Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Just have to hope he manages to sell the shares he owns in a company thats value increases by around 10% every year, its gonna be a struggle, I mean who in their right mind wants to invest in a business where he can triple his money in just 5 years, fools, thats who!!

We don't need him. We have super company Corestate to sort the stadium.

Just have to hope he manages to sell the shares he owns in a company thats value increases by around 10% every year, its gonna be a struggle, I mean who in their right mind wants to invest in a business where he can triple his money in just 5 years, fools, thats who!!

Putting aside the actual maths. Or math, for the mericans.

The idea of investing circa £300m, give or take a few million, in a company that is the sole preserve of one man, might make some think twice. Its a few bob, to anyone.

That said, as ever, the narrative is compelling......the drums as well......

But why would entrepreneurs want to invest money in something that will make a return for doing nothing other than sit on said investment, they will never own the company so what's the point? :hayee:

Putting aside the actual maths. Or math, for the mericans.

The idea of investing circa £300m, give or take a few million, in a company that is the sole preserve of one man, might make some think twice. Its a few bob, to anyone.

That said, as ever, the narrative is compelling......the drums as well......

Its math, ALWAYS math!!!

But yes, I understand the "control" aspect and it would certainly mean that certain people wouldnt be interested in the shares, but people who like money would be very interested. I also realise how important Ego is to a man like Usmanov, to have to "climb down" to a "Yank" would be a pretty big deal for a man with a "slight" Russian connection.

But to go back to my point, rich people like making money.

Its math, ALWAYS math!!!

But yes, I understand the "control" aspect and it would certainly mean that certain people wouldnt be interested in the shares, but people who like money would be very interested. I also realise how important Ego is to a man like Usmanov, to have to "climb down" to a "Yank" would be a pretty big deal for a man with a "slight" Russian connection.

But to go back to my point, rich people like making money.
It's mathematics. Or maths.

It is extremely rare, almost to the point of never, for a mainstream pension fund, or unit trust, investment trust or life fund, to hold more than 5% of any company they invest in.

Ok - let's bring this to the level then. We were discussng pension funds as a model for investing in football clubs. Which is an extreme scenario. If everyone stops trying to dig into some kind of theoretic dream scenario and just sees the reality of how these things work, in what universe does a pension fund, unit trust or life fund decide to invest in a premier league football club? That was the original point.

I can popcorn you all day on what counts as a meaningful investment in a plc from such funds - and yes, some do go to 10%. But come on now, which of these entities will seriously consider investing in a football club, private or public?

That was the main point.

Status
Not open for further replies.