Unfair refereeing and Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a member of GOT for about a year and have never felt the need to post, but the match officials tonight were an absolute disgrace... Some fairly blatent gaffs... Anyone would think they were sponsored by specsavers!

oh feck off yes it bwas unfair but we should have had that game out of sight by half time, so feck off with your excuses

Problem with that though mate is that Everton DID do enough to win that match, regardless of what we did or didn't do in the first half. That's a fact.

It's also a fact that the ref and linesman missed two legitimate goals.

Not excuses. Facts.

Big difference.

It was in. No one has disputed that it was in. Sky footage showed it clearly.

Ok, but that pic I posted is the frame from the Sky footage. Do you think that photo shows it over the line? If anyone could post the series of frames from Sky I'd really appreciate it.

BTW the BBC text commentator also expressed that it didn't look like ball was entirely over the line after reviewing it again after the match.

the ref got it wrong for both goals, but they were both very very close and it would have been really hard to call at the time.

theres no conspiracy here, just bad luck. we played pretty awful today. osman got dispossessed way to easily. neville was average (didn't think he was nearly as **** as everyone else was moaning. sure we lack creativity with him on the pitch but its not as if he gave the ball away as much as osman did). jagielka and distin were second best to ba and cisse. howard ****ed up on both goals.

thats the way it goes some times, hopefully we'll be better next time. i'm gutted we didn't take all 3, but despite the goals i can't say we played well enough to really deserve it.

Ok, but that pic I posted is the frame from the Sky footage. Do you think that photo shows it over the line? If anyone could post the series of frames from Sky I'd really appreciate it.

BTW the BBC text commentator also expressed that it didn't look like ball was entirely over the line after reviewing it again after the match.

So you also agree that Fellaini's goal was offside?

The point is that two goals that clearly could/should have been goals were not awarded to Everton. In such a hairline call as that, the benefit of doubt has to go to the attacking team. Anyway, the picture you showed is not necessarily the furthest the balls goes into the goal.

And WHO CARES what the BBC text commentary said. It's probably some geek who doesn't even like football anyway.

seen well worse decisions against us than those two by a million miles so no use moaning, they were close calls. moyles, howard, big nev and ozzie - not good enough

All out bad refereeing. Especially against us but clear errors towards NU too.
So gutted. All of those refs should havesome kind of ban

Bad luck....looked like Victor blocked linemans view and that's why he couldn't see the goal

Everton always get these bad decisions. That's why I said Newcastle was lucky last year.

How can you get 2 wrong in one game? i'm sick of the poor refs and his crew, can we as a club refuse to have such a poor ref ref our games in future.

As much as the officials messed up last night we only have ourselves to blame. We were 2-1 up with minutes to go for and couldnt manage to defend for even a couple of minutes.

Also Pienaar should have played in Osman earlier in the game. That may have killed it dead right there.

A lot of people say 'they even themselves out', for Everton, they really dont. For Rodwells red card against Liverpool, dont think we have ever got that back. Drenthe was clearly onside back in March against Arsenal, we lost that game 1-0 and then these two decisions last night. Im more pissed about it because we should have won, we did enough in the 90mins to win the game. Only Everton could score 4 perfectly legitimate goals and draw 2-2 ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.