2017/18 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was shocking last night, easily our weakest link in the 2nd half. Love the kid but nights like that show that he has a lot of work to grow into the player who we can depend on in any situation.

Bit of an exaggeration to say he was really bad last night

He wasn't amazing granted, but he was basically fine. Found it difficult at points but also had some bright moments too. A mixed bag at worse

A young player isn't going to be 10 out of 10 every time out, we need to be patient with lads like Davies and let them grow as players

FFS, we ALWAYS do this

Last edited:

Funny that loads were saying he should be in the side and Morgan dropped and then last night Morgan was outstanding and rightfully taken off due to the booking and Davies was as poor as he has probably ever been in blue shirt. We have to remember he is still a kid and hopefully if we go a long way in europe he will still get the amount of games he needs to develop as he will be needed. He is a gem but we need to cool it a little with him as we don't want to put too much pressure on the lad.

One thing last night told us is that he is not a holding/Defensive midfielder. Koeman had to bring on Besic to cover for his poor performance in that role. He is still a great young player and I for one am certainly not knocking him, neither am I building him up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But we have to be honest and say it was not a great night for him. Hadjuk Split are hardly world beaters and he could not do that role last night.

Fantastic prospect, but methinks more breaking forward than defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.