TIM HOWARD THOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about all this praise. We got a clean sheet so job done but he was rooted to the spot for Ward-Prowse's free kick which was inches wide, made the incredible save more difficult than it had to be because of poor positioning and his great reflex left hand save was because he dived the wrong way too early.

He didn't slice any kicks today though so that was nice I guess.
Tim's been like that his whole career but not as athletic anymore so it gets exposed more nowadays

Some of you are way too quick to laud Robles in praise after a few clean sheets. He was largely untested in those games, and a few times his back line saved his bacon. That said, Howard cannot be our starting GK next season. I think his role now is to backup and mentor a talented young keeper that we bring in over the summer. Tim's career has brought him through a lot of different situations so I think his experience will be an invaluable resource to a developing player.
As for Robles, I think he's a Championship level player, and will make a career playing in that league or one of equal caliber. He's not good enough to start for Everton going forward, full stop. We need a highly talented goalkeeper between the ages of 22-26 to come in over the summer and command the back line. Spending around 8-12 million on a goalkeeper is a necessity for the summer.

Some of you are way too quick to laud Robles in praise after a few clean sheets. He was largely untested in those games, and a few times his back line saved his bacon. That said, Howard cannot be our starting GK next season. I think his role now is to backup and mentor a talented young keeper that we bring in over the summer. Tim's career has brought him through a lot of different situations so I think his experience will be an invaluable resource to a developing player.
As for Robles, I think he's a Championship level player, and will make a career playing in that league or one of equal caliber. He's not good enough to start for Everton going forward, full stop. We need a highly talented goalkeeper between the ages of 22-26 to come in over the summer and command the back line. Spending around 8-12 million on a goalkeeper is a necessity for the summer.
Bearded clowns on far too much money to be a back up, and i dont think his ego could take it. Need to get rid simple as

Bearded clowns on far too much money to be a back up, and i dont think his ego could take it. Need to get rid simple as

Who's going to buy a 36 year old player from us that just had the worst season of his career? He wouldn't take a pay cut, and he has 3 years remaining on his contract.

Who's going to buy a 36 year old player from us that just had the worst season of his career? He wouldn't take a pay cut, and he has 3 years remaining on his contract.
You'd find someone. MLS would have him in a heartbeat but the bellend would have to realized hes not wanted here anymore

MLS is the only really viable option I can see. You're right though, I think he'd see it as a blow to his ego to go back to the US

Nobody knows if Robles is the answer, at first the signs pointed to no, but his last few games hes looked miles better, its not just about clean sheets, either way, its unthinkable to think we are looking at 2 more years of Howard, not sure I can handle that.

could agree with this. I remember before when everyone called Robles a flapper for a long time when he got here but since tim has been so poor this season Robles looks better due to the comparison. it's like when an average looking girl has a bunch of ugly/ fat friends around haha

He was good today but I don't think he's the answer going forward. Thank him for his loyal service and move him on. Robles showed me more this season in the few matches he played in than Howard did all season.

Taleban Tim played well yesterday. He he had to sooner or later. But he has lost it. That security 'it'.

EFC need what money they have for other positions. Play Robles till the end of season and lets see if he can keep his good form up. If he fails to convince then replace him this summer. Simples.

Also seeing Howard in goal makes me feel pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.