tim cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluefox

Player Valuation: £50m
been up to finch farm ,you can clearly see timmy is not right. wouldnt it be better in the long run ,if moyes just sent him back home to auss and told him to rest,speaking to one of the backroom staff ,rest is the only cure for the injury timmys got .there is nothing on the last 3 games ,yes it would be nice to work it up these tomorrow,but having timmy fit and well for the start of the season is the better deal for me .

Cahill is not playing for Oz in June against Serbia & N.Z. Right choice, wrong time.

He was in the form of his life before he went to Oz, well on to a 15 goal season, easy.

Pah.

In another thread here someone said other than goals Cahill contributed nothing to the team.

In the past that was clearly bollocks.

With him being pretty much our only player to score early on this season though just what else did he contribute to the team this season?

Are defenders wise to him now?

He needs to rest and be fully fit for next season if he is going to be much use as a regular starter for us.

Even with nothing left to play for, Moyes would rather play a half fit old favourite, than a youngster chomping at the bit to get game time. So I fully expect him to start tomorrow.

I love Tim.

I've nothing to contribute here

I love Tim.

I've nothing to contribute here

I love Tim too, but as I've said before, I don't want him playing if it detracts from the actual team.

Without him this season we've played better stuff, and got better results. Sure, he scored a lot, but how many of them were in wins?

We need to figure out how to incorporate him into a formation that can get results, otherwise we're doing ourselves no favours by playing him.

This isn't his fault, mind. He'll try his best wherever he's played. It's Moyes; resorting back to the formation that did us no good for half a season, as soon as Timmy is half fit.

I love Tim too, but as I've said before, I don't want him playing if it detracts from the actual team.

Without him this season we've played better stuff, and got better results. Sure, he scored a lot, but how many of them were in wins?

We need to figure out how to incorporate him into a formation that can get results, otherwise we're doing ourselves no favours by playing him.

This isn't his fault, mind. He'll try his best wherever he's played. It's Moyes; resorting back to the formation that did us no good for half a season, as soon as Timmy is half fit.

Good points mate, I'll finish by asking. DO
You think he contributes or detracts from the team?

Good points mate, I'll finish by asking. DO
You think he contributes or detracts from the team?

He contributes himself. It's not like he scores own goals or anything.

But our formation with him in the team has been sussed by everyone else. Not to mention we're without a striker who can really make the most of him, and vice versa. Added to the fact that in this 4-5-1 our only width and real wide delivery comes from one fullback.

Without him in the team, for example the past few months, Moyes played a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1, and both looked a lot fresher and heralded better results. It's less to do with Cahill himself, though, it's more the subsequent style of play.

Me myself i would send him home now as well to Rest-it must be hard only training from a thursday if picked for the W/E,we have done pretty well without him and its given the spot light to other players to show what they can or cant do in the team,think we have been more competitive,determined to win in certain games with what some call the 1st team players out,saying that cahill will probably play tomorrow and score the winner i bet you :)

Last edited:
Im totally torn, I love TC, the tireless effort he has put into our club and goals he's scored since he arrived has been fantastic, I believe he truly is an evertonian, but something is not right with him at the minute, give him a rest and some time with his family and get him right for next season, regardless what anyone says but for me as long as he is willing to pull on the blue shirt then he should always be involved in our team in some way or another, be it up front, in the hole, in midfield, impact sub, even in the nets ffs! I don't think its just his ability he has I think its his infectious character and attitude he brings to the team also.

Status
Not open for further replies.