This time 12 months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Player Valuation: £1m
We'd lost our opening game, had the flukiest of results of wins against Blackburn. Sold a plethora of players including our talisman Mikel for only modest compensation. And DAVIDMOYES had been afforded only two loan players, a mental dutch winger with a history of mercinary-ism and a ugly Argentine striker allegedly rejected by Leicester.*

And on the 1st of September 2012? We've won our opening two fixtures, played some good stuff , brought back Pienaar, kept our squad together and added what look likes some real quality plus a couple of wild cards to add depth.

The picture couldn't be any different. You only need to see the positive vibe on this forum.

*Matters were later compounded by the signing of James McFadden and another bald American goalkeeper, plus the inevitable crap run of results pre-january.

Yeah, I'm really excited about this season now.

We've got in some really good players. I think we're going to suprise a few more teams this year.

Credit to everyone at Everton for making the deals happen. Great stuff.

We haven't had a squad with this level of quality and depth in my lifetime, so I'm quite optimistic about this season for once. I just hope we can carry on with the way we've been playing the last few games, and if we do, we'll have a good season. Let's be positive, COYB!

Status
Not open for further replies.