This seasons top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are comfortably ahead of the rest.

City should get 2nd without too much trouble.

3rd-8th is as open as it's been for a long time.

Arsenal will do what they always do, great one week, tragic the next.
UTD are still average.
Liverpool can't score and really need Sturridge back and fit for a big chunk of the season.
Spurs? Well they're just Spurs...rubbish. The fact that they employed that fat faced fraud as this seasons manager shows how foolish they have been. Again.

*if* we can get into top 5 by late December I really fancy us to keep it going.

Southampton/WHU going great, but they will tail off whilst still having good seasons.

QPR, Burnley, Sunderland to drop.

I hope spurs go into meltdown, they're one of the teams that I can't stand, I hate them as much as the RS.
I also find that fans of all London clubs bar west ham are the worst horriblest bastards on the planet, maybe it's got something to do with the North/South divide.

I'll go for Chelsea, City, arsenal and united. Nothing new there honest.
Liverpool 8th and us somewhere in the middle. Hopefully we can take arsenals spot though.
If not us I'd like to see Southampton take it from them.

The league hasn't settled down yet.

At the moment the only nailed on certainties seem to be that Chelsea will win the league and Man City will be their closest rivals.

After that, you'd assume Arsenal will finish in the top 4 again. They always do.

Then who knows? Too early to say. United, Liverpool, Spurs and ourselves have all had poor starts and at the moment the likes of Southampton and West Ham are flying. Just too early to say. Far too early to say that we can't finish in the top 4, but I wouldn't want to say we can right now because anything could happen.

As always, we'll have a better idea of how things are going to pan out by Christmas, that's when you start to get an idea of how things will go. Teams who've made fast starts can start to run out of a little bit of steam by then and teams who have quality but have strugged for early form can start to have their class coming through.

In any case, I'd be devastated if we finished anything below 7th and I still think we're a better side than Spurs so I'd actually be pretty disappointed with anything lower than 6th.

City look shaky at the moment but they started similarly last year and got it together to go on to win the title. No one noticed because they were all too busy slating Moyes. Once their defence settles down and yaya toure gets back in form they'll give Chelsea a go. 3rd and 4th are up for grabs though. Every time I watch arsenal I come away totally unimpressed but they have an uncanny ability to spawn points while looking turd. Still I think they could fall out of the top 4. For me there's not much separating ourselves, utd and arsenal at the moment. The rs and spurs look a class below at the moment but they could get better.

Europa league is pretty much a nailed on route straight to the groups as well.

As it stands if we came 4th with our European seeding we'd have an absolute nightmare of a draw in the Non Champions side of the Playoff round

I think we have turned the corner, just by Barkley being back, but I'd imagine there are many pessimists who would equally say they haven't seen enough of us to challenge for the top 4.

The mentality of coming from behind gives momentum so hopefully that will push us on. Southampton and West Ham are doing the thing at the moment, but an injury crisis like we had experienced will see them drop points.

Basically if we beat Swansea (H) and Sunderland (A) in our next two games we will be right in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.