This is your chance boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd take Vellios off that list of yours, I'm not sure he'll cut it. I think Moyes got it right on that one.

You can add Stones, Garbutt, and Lundstram, to Barkley, Duffy, Oviedo.

I think there's a reason Stubbs has come out in the Echo and said the new boss will have a golden generation to chose from. There are bound to be another three to six players we've not heard of who'll come through in the next season or two as well. There are two defenders on our squad list I've never heard of before, I'm sure some who pay attention to the reserves will know more. And I know zero about Junior (midfielder).

I'd take Vellios off that list of yours, I'm not sure he'll cut it. I think Moyes got it right on that one.

You can add Stones, Garbutt, and Lundstram, to Barkley, Duffy, Oviedo.

I think there's a reason Stubbs has come out in the Echo and said the new boss will have a golden generation to chose from. There are bound to be another three to six players we've not heard of who'll come through in the next season or two as well. There are two defenders on our squad list I've never heard of before, I'm sure some who pay attention to the reserves will know more. And I know zero about Junior (midfielder).

All you need to know about Junior is he single handedly made us lose to Leeds in the League cup and it was nothing to do with any of the senior players, the same ones who lost other cup games to lower league teams.

Oh, and that he's 4 ft tall.

Duffy and Stones look a good groundbase to build a defence on.

I think Stones could push Coleman this year for right back. Not that I don't rate Coleman, I just think Seamus may have to fill in elsewhere and if Stones gets a run in the team. The other point is, over the past few seasons, due to injury or loss of form, Coleman hasn't really nailed it down fully, its open. I think this is definitely Duffy's make or break season. If he doesn't get in, then there have been other clubs sniffing around him and he will go. Its probably his time, you're talking about Distin's last knockings in central defence and Heitinga has proved he has lost whatever capability he ever had there.

I think Barkley and Oveido could well see more playing time next season. From what I've seen vellios isn't good enough. Duffy is a strange one this past season as he didn't deserve to dislodge either jags or Distin, you could argue he could have had playing time instead of Heitinga but holland international vs young inexperienced CB. Personally think he needs a good half to full season on loan.
He already needed this last season, or maybe even 2 years ago.

Duffy and Stones look a good groundbase to build a defence on.

I think Stones could push Coleman this year for right back. Not that I don't rate Coleman, I just think Seamus may have to fill in elsewhere and if Stones gets a run in the team. The other point is, over the past few seasons, due to injury or loss of form, Coleman hasn't really nailed it down fully, its open. I think this is definitely Duffy's make or break season. If he doesn't get in, then there have been other clubs sniffing around him and he will go. Its probably his time, you're talking about Distin's last knockings in central defence and Heitinga has proved he has lost whatever capability he ever had there.

I disagree with this, Seamus has been one of our better players for the last 6 months. I think he has the position nailed down

I'm hoping for Barkley and Duffy to be 1st team regulars by the end of the season, with Oviedo getting a chance if Pienaar has a few bad games

Maybe even give Francisco Junior a chance as well?

Can't wait to see how Kennedy develops. He looks he'll be the dogs unmentionables

Status
Not open for further replies.