The Ultimate 1984/1985 Season Goals thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game #62 Coventry City 4-1 Everton, May 26th, 1985:

(It does work it just buffers for a bit).

Last edited:
Anyone who wishes to add footage, the following games are needed:

Game #3 WBA 2-1 Everton - August 27th, 1984
Game #10 Sheff Utd 2-2 Everton (Milk Cup 2:1), September 26th, 1984
Game #12 Everton 1-0 University College Dublin (ECWC 1:2), October 2nd, 1984
Game #13 Arsenal 1-0 Everton, October 6th, 1984
Game #22 West Ham 0-1 Everton, November 10th, 1984
Game #29 Everton 3-4 Chelsea, December 22nd, 1984
Game #32 Everton 2-1 Luton Town, January 1st, 1985
Game #43 Aston Villa 1-1 Everton, March 16th, 1985
Game #58 Notts Forest 1-0 Everton, May 11th, 1985
Game #63 Luton Town 2-0 Everton, May 28th, 1985

Last edited:

Very sturdy work there lid, very well put together. F*cking ace. Happy happy days to be a blue.

Hope to God I get to experience it again.

Cheers mate! Just thought it would be a cool thing for everyone to enjoy on here.

It would be ace if someone could sticky this thread so everyone can keep coming back to it when they want.

Cheers mate! Just thought it would be a cool thing for everyone to enjoy on here.

It would be ace if someone could sticky this thread so everyone can keep coming back to it when they want.

It must have took you ages like. Well in. I'll link it on the main site in a minute mate. I'm sure @grandoldteam will social media the life out of it too. Nothing to make me feel warm inside than the 84/85 team smashing all comers.

2.50 secs for the championship game. Put some effort in lad ffs.

Seriously, well feckin in mate. Thanks.

Strictly speaking not goals, but all part of the 1984/85 theme - the Everton team singing 'Here We Go' on the Wogan show, from April 30th, 1985 (notice no Southall, Ratcliffe or Van Den Hauwe singing - all away on international duty, playing for Wales vs Spain):

[video=youtube;yZhRGul4nPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhRGul4nPY&lc[/video]

Strictly speaking not goals, but all part of the 1984/85 theme - the Everton team singing 'Here We Go' on the Wogan show, from April 30th, 1985 (notice no Southall, Ratcliffe or Van Den Hauwe singing - all away on international duty, playing for Wales vs Spain):

[video=youtube;yZhRGul4nPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhRGul4nPY&lc[/video]

ah this is ace, think Chico posted this one too! Peter Reid looks like he is having the time of his life ...

Thought it would be a great idea to have a thread dedicated to all the goals from our best ever season. Of course, the club brought a DVD out for the season a while back, and whilst that was very good, it was far from comprehensive. Searching around the internet, I have found a ridiculous amount of goals from the 1984/85 games, many not featured at all on the DVD. In fact, out of a 63 game season, I have found the goals from 51 of them, which is pretty amazing, considering the lack of tv coverage at the time.

So here goes, all in chronological order. Many of these games are just the goals, but there are also highlights too, and even the odd full game. I even found the full game for the famous Watford 4-5 Everton game!

Game #1 Charity Shield 1984 - Everton 1-0 Liverpool - August 18th, 1984:

[video=youtube;_jmopsiembs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmopsiembs[/video]

One nil at wembley and we did the double to, One nil at wembley and we did the double to One nil at wembley and we did the double to

Just added the goals from Game #62 Coventry 4-1 Everton & Game #24 Everton 0-1 Grimsby Town (Milk Cup 4). That's 53 of the 63 games covered. Just 10 games left to add for the complete set...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.