The transfer window and the squad

Have we failed to build a good, effective, balanced side for this season?

• Yeah, it's a mess

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • No, the potential is there with the squad we have

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • It's too early to tell, we're 5 games in

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Williams arse pass on toast

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

Player Valuation: £40m
Another tough day to be a blue.

I'm not really sure what's worse. The fact we lost 4-0, or the fact that the 4-0 loss was our best performance of the season so far?

I've seen a huge number of comments on here where people are saying they think of a first XI that actually looks any good compared to the sides we're meant to be competing with. I completely agree.

The squad is completely unbalanced, with no real pace or a proven option up top.

The tactics are toothless, which you can argue is down to the lack of options in the squad but surely the management is responsible for both tactics and transfers - building a side with some sort of identity through them.

Looking at our squad and how we've performed, have we failed miserably to use the £150m wisely and create a good, effective, balanced side for this season?

Ronald-Koeman.jpg

When you're width is entirely reliant on a 33 year old Baines and Cuco Martina or Holgate then, yeah, we're going to look unbalanced.

We've got nobody leading the line and no pace to break behind.

Lookman dropped and scored a blinder for u23s....Kenny also doing well there

But Koeman says u23s has no bearing on who he picks, zero incentives.

Another tough day to be a blue.

I'm not really sure what's worse. The fact we lost 4-0, or the fact that the 4-0 loss was our best performance of the season so far?

I've seen a huge number of comments on here where people are saying they think of a first XI that actually looks any good compared to the sides we're meant to be competing with. I completely agree.

The squad is completely unbalanced, with no real pace or a proven option up top.

The tactics are toothless, which you can argue is down to the lack of options in the squad but surely the management is responsible for both tactics and transfers - building a side with some sort of identity through them.

Looking at our squad and how we've performed, have we failed miserably to use the £150m wisely and create a good, effective, balanced side for this season?

Ronald-Koeman.jpg

....And no golden goose to bankroll next seasons transfers.

Lookman dropped and scored a blinder for u23s....Kenny also doing well there

But Koeman says u23s has no bearing on who he picks, zero incentives.

The U23 league is mostly 18 year old lads who will play at League Two level or older players that are so rubbish that cant be loaned or just suck donkey balls.

But hey ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.