THE SUMMER OF 12: EVERTON PLAYER TRANSFER RUMOUR THREAD. IN AND OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
£15m tops. Don't know where £26m has come from. United won't pay £26m for Baines to pay back up to Evra (for at least another season)

Here's the thing (and why I believe Baines will still be an Everton player in September):

26 million is probably what we would consider a fair price for him (maybe even a little bit less than that, but more than 20 million for sure), but I don't find it very plausible (though anything can happen) that another club will be willing to pay anywhere near what we'd want, for several reasons: we don't need to sell him to sign Pienaar, he's our best player, he's arguably the best at his position in the PL, he isn't looking to move, and he's got three years left. Unless we are trying to sell big this summer (and I believe LCAB has mentioned this isn't the case) then I doubt he's going anywhere. Things could happen between now and September--Ashley Cole could get injured, Baines could have a great Euros and drive up the price teams are willing to pay and if that happens, it happens. Right now, though, I'm not that worried.

I don't want to sell Baines in order to sign Pienaar. No, no, no. They are like a Sundae: Baines is the ice cream, and Pienaar is all the extra toppings and stuff. The toppings can be very very delicious by themselves, and so can the ice cream, but together? Together they are twice as good! They work as a unit. (I don't know where that analogy came from, I just thought of it, but it's true!)

We wouldn't get a replacement for Baines. We'd get another left back (we probably need to sign a left back regardless, for cover) but he wouldn't be Baines. As for Donovan, I have a feeling he'll come, either this summer or in January--even if we don't sell a big player. I just have a feeling that it's getting near his closing time with the Galaxy.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about selling a big player this summer. If we do, I'll be sad, but in the end if we get the profits from it to inject back into the squad I'm confident that Moyes will do the right thing.

£15m tops. Don't know where £26m has come from. United won't pay £26m for Baines to pay back up to Evra (for at least another season)

This

In dream world if you think any club will pay 26m for him

Anyone with a bit more world football knowlege know hom much top left backs have been sold for in the past

This

In dream world if you think any club will pay 26m for him

Anyone with a bit more world football knowlege know hom much top left backs have been sold for in the past

Fabio Coentrao
Position: Left Back
To: Real Madrid
Fee: €30 million

Dani Alves
Position: Right Back
To: FC Barcelona
Fee: €41.5 million

Fabio Coentrao
Position: Left Back
To: Real Madrid
Fee: €30 million

Dani Alves
Position: Right Back
To: FC Barcelona
Fee: €41.5 million

We are not dealing with Barca and Madrid though who have in the past spent heavily on players

I love Baines and will be gutted if he leaves but we will never see anything like 25m for him

We are not dealing with Barca and Madrid though who have in the past spent heavily on players

I love Baines and will be gutted if he leaves but we will never see anything like 25m for him

City would pay us bundles of folding tho.

Just cos United are in, doesnt mean they are the only 1s interested.

And erm, United have spent some serious cash on players.

Can't believe anyone is questioning the need for a new striker. Lost Saha in January, mc Fadden has been released and hopefully we get some decent money for Anichebe, who I just don't rate at all. Not that I did with mc Fadden kind you.

We can't count solely on Velios as back up to Jelavic for a whole season, so in an ideal world I'd love to get 2 strikers in. Wouldn't mind Rodallega on a free and another ( Rodriguez, Moses or whoever fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.