The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Foxy or Sheeds know more then I will defer to them as always but heard we had not offered him a contract as yet and and money from a big sale is deffo going to the bank ! How much who knows but money will be locked into the bank.

John Cribb?

Doomsday style posting?

Not a hint of any evidence to support claims?

Ticking all the boxes.

It would be disastrous to lose Baines. I wouldn't have minded doing so if he was replaced with a top striker, but that won't happen now and he would be a massive, massive loss that will most likely lead to a decreased points total next season.

I think it's the right time to sell Fellaini and that selling him could lead to us signing a further two 10million pound + players, a CM and another boss winger. The problem is that this supposed release clause is over pricing him and none of the top clubs are interested in him at that price. 20 million would be a fair price for Fellaini imo.

If Foxy or Sheeds know more then I will defer to them as always but heard we had not offered him a contract as yet and and money from a big sale is deffo going to the bank ! How much who knows but money will be locked into the bank.

Heard this from who though? I don't understand who could possibly know that kind of information that would openly give it out.

Cm is an area we need to strengthen regardless of sales really, but if we get 45m and get it reinvested in the squad, you can buy a good left back for 7-8m if you wanted. That leaves you 30mish to invest all over the pitch. Baines is a brilliant player in his position, but if you take the onus of our attack away from left back by buying a brilliant midfielder or two whilst having a solid enough left back, you could arguably improve the team off the back of it.
I think it'd be either curtains for Oviedo or Garbutt if we got a new left back really mate... We have those two plus Distin who can cover there if need be... At present I don't even know which would be the better option..... I'd rather take our chances there with either; look what playing Baines regularly did. CM definite though, looking at Martinez' buys right now, we seem to have invested wisely, I think 10-15m could cover it, someone like Strootman or that Eriksen fella, then a cheap experienced CM, just someone who can do a job, bringing through youth is something I'm keen for Martinez to implement. In an ideal world Honda would say "I want to come to Everton", get him signed up, sorted for the new season....

Then the rest of the money going to service the debt down...

Heard something from someone in work today.
Dont know if true but sounds like something our board would do.
Apparently this guy was talking to a mother of one of kids who plays for his local team which he runs
This mum lives next door to baines brother/sister in kirby and said this
Baines has been sold for 18m
Baines doesnt wat to leave hes happy and settled with his family
Board have told him to put a transfer request in
Baines has said no he wont do that to the fans making him look the bad guy.

I took it with a pinch of salt guess most people will but just passing on a rumour to the rumour thread

Last edited:
Heard this from who though? I don't understand who could possibly know that kind of information that would openly give it out.

Don't you read? He "heard" this information. If he told you he heard it from heroin jimmy at the "flat cap and whippet" last night while perusing the toilets you wouldn't find that to be a very reliable sauce would you.

Apparently this guy was talking to a mother of one of kids who plays for his local team which he runs

I took it with a pinch of salt guess most people will but just passing on a rumour to the rumour thread

I'd tell them to do one as well and forfeit a loyalty bonus, that's a fair wedge as well.

lol

Took it with a pinch of salt did you?

This obsession with FER and a whole list of other players Moyes was tediously linked with is pathetic. If he was that good Moyes would have him in Asia with him atm - hes clearly not so leave him to the relegation teams. I dont give a **** who Norwich/sunderland/WBA etc etc sign we will finish above them all so just chill the **** out.

Absolutely no one on here is dealing with millions of pounds of someone elses money and 40'000 people who want you sacked if you get it wrong.

These tiresome articles posted and 'ah we should be going for him' lad are just childish. Seriously lads, its ok in the comfort of your bedroom in your parents house, but in the real world everton cnt sign every player some lid reckons is a bargain and will be an absolute beast for us.

So everyone who disagrees with you is a nerd in their parents bedroom?

Duly noted

Go get em you proper keyboard warrior you!

Status
Not open for further replies.