The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
when we have a minus net spend come september, cos the new tv money means naff all, i'll remind you of this

I'm not remotely arsed if only spending revenue results in zero net spend, can people just start acknowledging that there is going to be an awful lot more revenue to spend?

So what is stopping us from spending the cash we will receive?

We will be receiving extra money and the money will need to be spent.

Nothing stopping us spending the extra cash, just that the price of players/wages, might, just might increase in line with the new Sky money. So our net position, if you like, is actually the same as it currently is. Other than possible debt reduction.

So do I.

I liked the bit where he said we would get an extra 100m over the next 3 Years and I think he actually thinks we will see a single penny of it.

The money is going to be spent. Everton FC aren't going to start declaring profits.

If you think Kenwright is going to be able to add an extra 30million to Other Operating Costs without any investment in the squad then I think you are mistaken, or promoting an agenda.

At least you are acknowledging the existance of the massive increase in revenue though.

Nothing stopping us spending the extra cash, just that the price of players/wages, might, just might increase in line with the new Sky money. So our net position, if you like, is actually the same as it currently is. Other than possible debt reduction.

a) Only 20 clubs have the extra money, though. And we never buy from them anyway.

b) it's possible that a 2 million player might now cost 5 million and a 1 million a year wages may now go to 2 million a year but if we're go from no money to spend to 15 millino to spend we're still doing better even if we that 15 million doesn't go as far as it used to.

And in order for that to happen, we will actually have to invest significantly in our playing squad.

Ultimately, it means we can now pay more for players. THAT is our current situation!

The money is going to be spent. Everton FC aren't going to start declaring profits.

If you think Kenwright is going to be able to add an extra 30million to Other Operating Costs without any investment in the squad then I think you are mistaken, or promoting an agenda.

At least you are acknowledging the existance of the massive increase in revenue though.

I think you need to realise things arent going to go as you suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.