The Roberto Martinez era at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Everton, we start playing the Spanish way and look what happens its history.
Anyway whatever Robertos gold.
COYB

With the exception of the performance at the pit he hasn't put a foot wrong and even that I think he learnt from.

I try to not get too swept up with all the hyperbole of how good he is but the truth is he's absolutely Boss and he will bring greatness back to Goodison.

I think there were mitigating circumstances that night...he raided the treatment room to put a team out then our main goal threat was crocked by his own man early doors.

So I forgive him that one.

Playing Joel at Arsenal in the Cup and the bizarre line up against Palace are my only two gripes.

Other than that I can do nowt but sing Bobby's praises.

Looking forward to seeing him move us forward next season. Signings, ideas, loans, this is going to be one very exciting season.

See him on the tele the other night. Knew the in and outs of a cats arse, about Iran. Iran FFS.

The mans a football geeeenius!

I like the way from the start that he immersed himself in the club's history, culture which is more than our Ex did when he first started.

Nonsence. Moyes rebuilt this club. This constant belittlement of him is ludicrous.

I don't think anyone can take anything away from Moyes' 'steadying the ship', but what @Toffeelover wrote is correct. Moyes feared our magnificent history. He marginalised the club's most successful manager from the training ground and had no real reminders of the club's previous successes on display at Finch Farm. He rarely attended non-football functions in his role of Everton manager. He had a reputation towards the end of being a totalitarian boss, who felt he was untouchable. The way he managed his departure from the club showed that. By contrast Martinez has been a breath of fresh air. That phrase 'breath of fresh air' has been used by so many people, many associated with the club itself, which speaks volumes about Moyes. Martinez invited the former manager's back to the training ground (Kendall absolutely delighted to visit for the first time, his face beaming in all of the photos taken) and picked their brains. He put photos of our previous successes up around the training ground to inspire his current players. He made a real effort to attend non-football functions that mean a lot to the fans - such as unveiling the Dixie Wall of Fame, unveiling the revamped Ruperts Tower, visiting an elderly female fan at Christmas time. Martinez has been terrific for this football club and many of us feel a far greater bond with him after just one year than we did with Moyes after 11 years.

I don't think anyone can take anything away from Moyes' 'steadying the ship', but what @Toffeelover wrote is correct. Moyes feared our magnificent history. He marginalised the club's most successful manager from the training ground and had no real reminders of the club's previous successes on display at Finch Farm. He rarely attended non-football functions in his role of Everton manager. He had a reputation towards the end of being a totalitarian boss, who felt he was untouchable. The way he managed his departure from the club showed that. By contrast Martinez has been a breath of fresh air. That phrase 'breath of fresh air' has been used by so many people, many associated with the club itself, which speaks volumes about Moyes. Martinez invited the former manager's back to the training ground (Kendall absolutely delighted to visit for the first time, his face beaming in all of the photos taken) and picked their brains. He put photos of our previous successes up around the training ground to inspire his current players. He made a real effort to attend non-football functions that mean a lot to the fans - such as unveiling the Dixie Wall of Fame, unveiling the revamped Ruperts Tower, visiting an elderly female fan at Christmas time. Martinez has been terrific for this football club and many of us feel a far greater bond with him after just one year than we did with Moyes after 11 years.
That is an excellent post mate.

Thank you Boysinblus.

See him on the tele the other night. Knew the in and outs of a cats arse, about Iran. Iran FFS.

The mans a football geeeenius!

That's why he is working with ESPN for the world cup coverage, and we have......... Phil Neville.
Speaking of Roberto, this was posted by one of the American ESPN anchors
abae654c15eb1f16de40126488c41f74.png

Top Blooooooo Bobby

That's why he is working with ESPN for the world cup coverage, and we have......... Phil Neville.
Speaking of Roberto, this was posted by one of the American ESPN anchors
abae654c15eb1f16de40126488c41f74.png

Top Blooooooo Bobby

Haha, class. Lucky for Bob, Bill has an ovaltine and hits the sack straight after corrie

Has there been any interviews, articles or conversations with some of the back room staff, front office people, or older ex-Everton players about the changes Roberto has brought. I am mainly interested in the off the field stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.