The real question - who is the best full back?

Who is the better full back?

• Leighton Baines

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman togther smothered with Cheese on Toast

Votes: 82 68.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time, before Coleman, that we had a truly top quality right back.

Neville had his redeeming features I guess earlier in his time with us, but christ before that our RB history was awful for a long long time.

Coleman is better going forward, younger and we will get better, take nothing away from Baines though, he loves his ice cream van

Both Boss.... But Baines is a playmaker which I don't think Coleman will develop into... Coleman makes his own plays though... Very lucky to have both...

That comment makes me instantly think to that pass Baines played into Lukaku against Arsenal (that resulted in Naisy scoring the opening goal). What a ball that was! Super playmaker like!

Coleman is more two-footed which is an advantage. He drifted over to the left at one point yesterday and looked like a midfielder suddenly. Baines sticks to his beat mostly and can get turned around by a clever winger.

They are both very quick of course which is the secret really. Thank god they are alive!

193120_1.jpg

When was the last time, before Coleman, that we had a truly top quality right back.

Neville had his redeeming features I guess earlier in his time with us, but christ before that our RB history was awful for a long long time.

You'd have to go back to the time Ian Snodin was converted into a full back and made the England squad before injury ruined his career.

We're so lucky to have both. I feel like before this season nowhere near as many people would be saying Coleman, and that attests to how incredible he has been this season. Cheese on.

Status
Not open for further replies.