The Nuno Valente appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i21xc8.png

Excellent third choice left back to have and a good proffessional. People said he was past it last season but he came back strong and put in some solid performances. He was excellent in his last game against Spurs. Marked Lennon out the game and kept the ball well.

Good player to have in the squad.

All love for sexy Nuno goes in here ;)

During last season, Everton exercised their right to extend Valente's contract by a further year - meaning he will remain on Merseyside this term.

Moyes continued: "He’s had a couple of injuries but, when he is fit, he never misses training and he is also a very good footballer. He’s a great lad to have about the place.

"Nuno recognised last year that we would be bringing another left-back in and that’s what we did with Bainesy.

"But he’s been very good about the situation and has never let us down, if and when he’s been called upon. That’s the reason we wanted to have him around here for another 12 months with us and we are very happy about that."

Moyes added: "His presence in the squad also provides competition. If he is needed, which I’m sure he will be at times in different games, Nuno will give us good experience and he’s the type of player who can help all the young lads in the squad."

Nuno = A good team player

Thats what we need. I'm happy to have him at Everton. No doubt Baines will be learning from him also.

i think he's a good player. but will he play next season? he might want to move to get first team football tbh.

i think he's a good player. but will he play next season? he might want to move to get first team football tbh.

I think he'll get around 10-12 games next season. With the Uefa cup, League, FA cup and Carling cup there will be alot of games.

I don't think Nuno minds playing a bit part role. He's 33 and he's had problems with injuries. 10-12 games a season is a good season for him. With Baines's injuries and Lescott wanting to play centre half I'm sure he'll get a chance.

the very few times i play pro evo on me mates playstations, i always go portugal (they insist on internationals) and bang nuno up front...legend, hopefully can start puttin manny alongside him

Status
Not open for further replies.