The no-limits transfer thread 1878-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedlingen

Player Valuation: £15m
Now, while we're all dwelling at who'll end up being the first player in or the first player out during this, hopefully glorious first transfer window of the Moshiri-era, I thought we could have a bit of fun.

Imagine the possibility. You are the new Director of Football (seems like there might be a lot of candidates on here), you've just gotten the keys to that sexy war chest, filled with never-ending, sparkling, glittering, golden coins, or for the sake of being a bit more modern, maybe just the password to the bank account.

... Now you're in charge of who'll be the first player to be brought in.

So, if you could sign any one player in his prime, from any era of football to Everton Football Club, who would it be? and why exactly that player? What would he add to the team?

Only restriction being that the player has never played for Everton before.

also if this isn't on-topic enough for the club-forum, moderators please feel free to move it to a more fitting forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal pick would be Michael Laudrup. An exceptional playmaker (helps that he's danish as well) in his prime, who could create chances out of nothing, thread a pass across the entire field and score goals as well, for me he was a complete football player. As a bonus he also played on the Barcelona Dream team alongside our new Manager.

He would add the creativity that we need, with so many of our midfielders not having any idea how to make a great pass forward through enemy defenses. Stepping into the team he would immediately make the entire team better, remove pressure from other players shoulders, who would no more be expected to carry the team themselves.

Another, more recent player to fit the same mold would be Andrea Pirlo, who would check the same boxes.

So, let the imagination roll. Who would you add?

Status
Not open for further replies.